2014 - 2016 Corvette: Service Bulletin: #PI1535A: Track Use Power Steering Gear Cooling Duct - (May 24, 2016)
#PI1535A: Track Use Power Steering Gear Cooling Duct - (May 24, 2016)
|Subject:||Track Use Power Steering Gear Cooling Duct|
|Models:||2014 - 2016 Chevrolet Corvette|
|Attention:||This PI also applies to any of the above models that may be Export from North America vehicles.|
This PI has been revised to update the applicable information below including adding Warranty Information. Please discard PI1535.
Some customers may comment a DIC message that reads “Service Power Steering Gear" and/or feeling a reduction in steering assist while driving their vehicle on the track during hot days. Technicians may find DTC C0174 stored.
This condition may be caused when there is an increase in temperature with the steering gear.
Install a new power steering gear cooling duct following the procedure below.
- Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and jacking the Vehicle in SI.
- Remove the front compartment air deflector. Refer to Front Compartment Air Deflector in SI.
- Place the new front compartment air deflector on a surface that can be used to cut on. Mark the dimensions of 25.4 mm (1 in) (1), 19.05 mm (.75 in) (2), 152.4 mm (6 in) (3), 50.8 mm (2 in) (4) as shown in the illustration above and cut using a box cutter.
- Using a hack saw, cut the support arm off (1) and the duct after measuring 50.8 mm (2 in) (2) after the second bend.
- Measure 50.8 mm (2 in) up from the top of the hole. Mark and cut using a hack saw.
- Place the cut duct into the slot. Make sure it comes out of the slot 25.4 mm (1 in). Using a 17/64" drill bit, drill 2 holes through the deflector and duct and rivet together.
- Once the part is riveted into place, dry fit to the car to make sure enough of the duct is cut to allow it to sit between the steering motor (1) and the lower rack (2).
Note: This might require multiple cuts to the duct (3) and test fittings.
- Parts Information
*Contact Kent Automotive at 1-888-YES-KENT or online at www.kent-automotive.com.
DUCT-RR BRK CLPR CLG
Plastic Rivet - 17/64" Hole Diameter; 3/32" - 3/16" Grip Range; 11/16" Flange Diameter; Black Nylon