1984 - 1990 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Service Part For Seat Cushion Retaining Wire
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin
Subject: Service Part For Seat Cushion Retaining Wire
Model Year: 1984-1990 Y Car
GMSPO has released for service a cushion retainer wire service kit, P/N 10153686. On current and past model Corvettes, it was necessary to replace the seat cushion if the retaining wire broke. With the release of this kit simply replace the wire retainer as outlined below:
Part is currently available from GMSPO.
- Remove cushion from frame by pushing down on top of cushion and unsnapping wire retainer.
- Using side cufters remove Hartco C-clips from cushion border wire.
- Position cushion retaining wire legs onto border wire extensions.
IMPORTANT: "J" shape of retaining wire must face toward front of vehicle.
- Place Hartco clips around cushion retaining and foam cushion border wire. Both sides of clip should be visible. If necessary, pull foam slightly away from border wire.
- With pliers, crush outer legs of Hartco clip around both cushion wire and legs of retaining wire. Then crush inner leg around wires. Clip should wrap securely around both wires.
- Reinstall seat cushion to frame by putting cushion retaining wire through hole in frame then pushing down on top of cushion and snapping cushion retaining wire over frame projections.