1980 - 1990 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Loose Carpet on Side Wall Trim Pads (Repair Procedure)
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin
Subject: Loose Carpet on Side Wall Trim Pads (Repair Procedure)
Model Year: 1980-90 A, B, F, J, L, W, X, Y Cars
Carpet inserts attached to side wall, door, quarter and tailgate trim panels which have become loose may be reattached with 3M General Trim Adhesive #08080. Use the following procedure:
- Remove trim panel when necessary and place on clean work surface. Mask off trim panel to prevent glue over spray.
- Sand area of trim panel where carpet is to be re-glued using a coarse grit sandpaper. Polypropylene Panels should have a rough surface for best adhesion. Remove all sanding debris.
- Spray 3M General Trim Adhesive # 08080 on sanded surface and back side of carpet following manufacturer’s instruction.
- When both sprayed surfaces become tacky to the touch, press carpet in place, smooth out any irregularities.
- Remove masking materials and reinstall panel.
"We believe this source and their product to be reliable. There may be additional manufacturers of such products. General Motors does not endorse, indicate any preference for or assume any responsibility for the products or equipment from these firms or for any such items which may be available from other sources."
Use applicable labor time and code.