1984 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Dealer Installed Anchor for Child Seat with Top Strap Anchor Installation
Subject: Dealer Installed Anchor for Child Seat with Top Strap Anchor Installation
Model and Year: 1984 Corvette
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Technical Bulletin
Bulletin No: 84-121
Section: 10 (I)
Date: May 1984
TO: ALL CHEVROLET DEALERS
Should a customer request the installation of a child seat top tether anchor, in their 1984 Corvette, the following installation steps are to be performed:
- Remove rear floor carpet and insulator.
- Drill a 9mm (11/32 inch) diameter hole through the front at the location shown in Figure #1. CAUTION: Double check hole location to avoid damage to the vehicle under-carriage components.
- Reinstall insulator, cut 38mm (1 1/2 inch) diameter hole for washer/spacer*. Reinstall the carpet and cut a 9mm (11/32 inch) diameter hole for the anchor attachment bolt.
- Using a suitable sealer, such as silicone or butyl type caulking, apply a bead of sealant around the 9mm (11/32 inch) drilled hole in the floor pan. NOTICE: The sealant is to be applied on the outer side of the floor pan (see Figure #2).
- Install the tether anchor bracket, as shown in Figure #2, and tighten nut securely. NOTICE: In the event the tether anchor assembly is removed, the 9mm diameter hole must be properly resealed to prevent exhaust fumes from entering the vehicle.
* Washer/spacers (not supplied):
Three (3) flat washers 32 mm (1 1/4 inch) x 3mm (1/8 inch) thick, with a 9mm (11/32 inch) diameter hole. Total stack-up of washer/spacer is to be 9.5mm (3/8 inch).
Chevrolet Motor Division
General Motors Corporation