1994 - 1996 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Door Trim Arm Rest Lid Hard to Open or Close, Hinge Binding (Replace Hinge)
Subject: Door Trim Arm Rest Lid Hard to Open or Close, Hinge Binding (Replace Hinge)
Models: 1994 - 1996 Chevrolet Corvette
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin
Bulletin No: 63-16-03
Some owners may comment that the door trim arm rest lid may be hard to open or close or may become misaligned and unable to close.
The hinge has insufficient lubrication and may bind or bend.
Replace the hinge on the arm rest.
- Remove the door trim panel and place face down on a clean work surface.
- Remove two (2) screws retaining hinge to trim panel and remove arm rest.
- Remove four (4) screws retaining close out plate to arm rest and separate hinge from arm rest.
- Install new hinge, P/N 12532158, and complete repair by doing previous steps in reverse order.
- Repeat Steps 1 through 4 for the remaining side of vehicle.
Hinge Asm., Door Trim Arm Rest P/N 12532158
Parts are expected to be available on March 11, 1996.