1966 Corvette: Service News: Corvette Radio Speaker - Replace
Subject: Corvette Radio Speaker - Replace
Model and Year: 1966 Corvette with Air Conditioning
Source: Chevrolet Service News
Number: Volume 38, Issue Number 8
Date: August 1966, Page 2
The service procedure for replacing a radio speaker in a 1966 Corvette equipped with air conditioning is as follows:
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove glove box compartment as an assembly.
- Remove clock.
- Disconnect both air conditioning control cables at doors.
- Remove air conditioning knobs.
- Remove center air conditioning duct.
- Remove deforster duct.
- Disconnect speaker wires.
- Remove 4 speaker screws and remove speaker.
- Remove transformer from old speaker and install on new speaker.
- Position the new speaker and reverse procedure to install.
© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved