We’ve been wondering for a while now what Chevy might have up their sleeves to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of America’s only true sports car, and now we know.
Late yesterday afternoon, the 2023 Corvette Z06 configurator revealed a 70th Anniversary Edition package which includes some pretty cool design features. Although the special edition package was show on the Z06 configurator, we’re assuming this package will be available to the Stingrays as well.
Chevrolet must have caught the leak quickly though as when we went back to play around with the configurator a little more and grab some additional pictures, the link had been taken down. For now, enjoy some of the pics and details below:
Celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the quintessential American sports car with this special edition. Available in White Pearl Metallic Tri-Coat or Carbon Flash Metallic, this feature-packed edition puts our heritage on full display.
70th Anniversary Edition Corvettes have a unique VIN sequence and includes:
- White Pearl Metallic Tri-Coat with optional Satin Matrix Gray Stripes or Carbon Flash Metallic with optional Satin
- Black Metallic Stripes
- 70th Anniversary Exterior Badging – Flags and Side 70th badge
- Edge Red Brake Calipers
- 70th Anniversary Wheel Center Caps
- Carbon Flash Wheel with Edge Red Stripe
- Carbon Flash Mirror and Spoilers
- White Ceramic GT2 Seats with Red Stitching; Optional Competition Sport Seats
- Red Seat Belts
- Suede Interior Steering Wheel
- 70th Anniversary logo on Seats, Steering Wheel, and Sill Plates
- Edge Red Engine Cover
- Rear Bumper Protector / Trunk Cover
- Custom Luggage Set with Red Stitching and 70th Anniversary Logo
Previous Corvette Anniversary Editions
It’s interesting that these exterior color options will make up part of the 70th Anniversary Edition package.
Back in 2013, Chevrolet celebrated the Corvette’s 60th Anniversary with a unique design package that featured Arctic White paint, silver blue metallic racing stripes and a beautiful Diamond Blue interior.
In 2012, the 100th Anniversary of Chevrolet was celebrated with a Corvette that featured unique Carbon Flash Metallic paint, a black suede interior package with red stitching and black wheels with a red stripe around the rim.
Taking the conservative approach once again, it looks like the Corvette’s 70th Anniversary will be celebrated with a mixture of these two previous anniversary editions. Regardless, from the pics, it looks like it will be a stunner!
Source: 2023 Corvette Visualizer