1965 - 1966 Corvette: Service News: Corvette Power Antenna Replacement
Subject: Corvette Power Antenna Replacement
Model and Year: 1965 - 1966 Corvette
Source: Chevrolet Service News
Page Number: NA
Date: June 1966 - Volume 38 - Number 6
The following procedure is recommended for replacement of the rear mounted (electrically operated) power antenna on both 1965 and 1966 Corvettes.
NOTE: Do not remove the antenna motor mounting bracket for antenna replacement.
- Fully lower antenna.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Raise rear of vehicle and place on jack stands.
- Remove tail pipe extension.
- Loosen fiberglass valance panel located below bumper.
- Disconnect muffler from mount, swing slightly aside and prop with a block of wood.
- Disconnect antenna lead-in and motor electrical connections at quick disconnect at antenna base.
- Remove antenna cap, bezel and gasket.
- Remove lower motor mounting bolt.
- Slide motor assembly inboard off of the bracket and out of the vehicle.
- Reverse the above procedure for antenna installation.