Yenko Chevrolet of Canonsburg, Pennsylvania was a legendary name known worldwide for churning out modified Chevrolets back in the 1960s with blistering performance under the hood. Unfortunately, the dealership met its demise nearly in 1982, however the name and performance have recently been resurrected.
Today, the “Yenko” name is now being used under license from General Marketing Capital Inc., and Specialty Vehicle Engineering will be building a special, limited production Yenko 2017 Corvette Grand Sport.
Recently, Classic Industries of Huntington Beach, California – an aftermarket automotive parts supplier, had an exclusive unveiling of this special Corvette to the media. David Hamburger, the Vice President of Specialty Vehicle Engineering was there to explain the history of Yenko and pull the cover off the beast.
With only 50 of these special Corvettes being built, all of them will sport 20 Yenko badges, Hugger Orange stripes and copious amounts of visual modifications, as well as a special 416 C.I.D. LT-1 engine putting out 800 HP.
Below is a listing of the equipment that SVE will use to build these Yenko Corvettes:
- Custom-built 416 C.I.D. LT-1 engine w/aluminum block, forged 4340-steel crankshaft and H-beam rods, forged aluminum pistons, CNC ported and polished LT-1 cylinder heads, LT-4 fuel system and injectors*
- Custom supercharger
- YENKO 800HP Supercharged machined into the top supercharger top
- Custom performance tune
- Cast aluminum quad exhaust tip with brushed aluminum face and YENKO Supercharged machined in
- sYc® hood, roof, decklid and side stripe graphics with matching painted hood grille *Hugger Orange *Gloss Black1 *Silver1 *Corvette Racing Yellow *White *Red *Satin Black *Gray *Blue
- Available SVE stripe colors. All others are GM factory colors
- Click Here to see Paint and Stripe Options
- Diffuser fins (4) painted in Carbon Flash Metallic
- YENKO Supercharged fender and rear fascia badges
- 800HP hood cowl and rear fascia badges
- YENKO 800HP Supercharged billet aluminum door sills with vehicle build number
- YENKO crest embroidered premium floor mats
- sYc® embossed seat headrests
- sYc® embossed door panels
- YENKO crest steering wheel applique
- YENKO crest seat trim applique (available on Competition Sport seats only)
- YENKO Supercharged center console power badge with vehicle build number
- YENKO Supercharged key fobs (2) with vehicle build number
- Faux leather bound portfolio, owner’s manual, window sticker, manufacturer’s certificate of origin
- 3 year/36,000 mile (60,000 kilometer) engine and supercharger assembly limited warranty
- 3 year/36,000 mile (60,000 kilometer) non-powertrain component limited warranty
The total cost for these options comes to a whopping $46,995 on top of the cost of a 2017 Corvette. Depending on what you order for additional modifications, you can spend an additional $6,000 on top of all of this.
To view the sales brochure and all the yummy goodness you can order for your Yenko, click here.