1984 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Roof Panel Attaching Point Adjustment
Subject: Roof Panel Attaching Point Adjustment
Model and Year: 1984 Corvette (Based and RPO CC3)
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin
Bulletin No: 84-25
Section: 10 (I)
Date: Nov., 1983
TO: ALL CHEVROLET DEALERS
The following adjustment procedure has been developed to insure proper fit and installation of replacement tops.
CORVETTE ROOF PANEL ATTACHING POINT ADJUSTMENT
- Place vehicle on level surface and remove existing roof panel.
- Transfer rear roof panel retaining bolt assemblies to replacement panel. Also roof panel moldings if necessary. Torque attaching bolts to 25 N.m (18.5 ft. lbs.) (View A).
- Remove center rear roof trim panel attaching screws to gain access to locator bracket assemblies and loosen adjusting bolts (View A).
- Remove sunshade, mounting covers and windshield header garnish molding to gain access to front mounting bracket assemblies.
- Loosen replacement roof panel locating pins (see View B).
- Place new roof panel on vehicle and snug rear roof panel retaining bolts to 4 N.m (3-4 ft. lbs.). Check to see if an approximate 6mm space and flush condition exists between the roof panel and upper body rear panel (see View C). Adjust locator brackets as necessary to obtain this fit (see View A).
- Carefully attach front roof panel retaining bolt making sure bolt threads align with bracket in roof panel.
- Torque rear roof panel retaining bolts to 20 N.m (15 ft. lbs.) (see View A).
- Using Kent-Moore Tool J-34887, snug up roof panel locating pins (see View D).
- Torque front roof panel retaining bolts to 20 N.m (15 ft. lbs.) (see View B).
- Check roof panel fit to windshield reveal molding. Panel should be parallel and compress weatherstrip evenly. Adjust mounting racket assemblies if necessary to obtain proper fit (see View B).
- Remove roof panel from vehicle and torque locating pins to 15 N.m (10-12 ft. lbs.) while holding "T" nut to make sure it doesn’t move when tightening locator pins.
- Install all trim items that have been removed to make necessary adjustment for proper fit of roof panel.
- Reinstall roof panel, attach rear bolts loosely, then front; torque rear bolts, then front to 20 N.m (15 ft. lbs.).
- Water check side door glass fit to roof panel weatherstrip. if leaks are evident, adjust door glass.