From the following auction listing:
Barrett-Jackson Lot: 441.1
January 17 - 23, 2011
St. Louis was the home of the Corvette since almost day one. The factory and assembly procedures remained basically unchanged throughout the 27 years of production there. The 1954's, '57 through '65 Fuelies, '63 split windows, L88's, race cars and '78 pace cars all came down the same assembly line. Then on August 1st, 1981 the line stopped. The factory of legends built its last Corvette and closed its doors forever.
This Corvette is the very last one built in St. Louis and it represents the "End of an Era". A hidden plaque was installed in the car's right front fender well that day to designate the significance of this last car down the line. David Burroughs, John Amgwert and Mike Hanson photo documented the entire production procedure of this car with over 1,000 photographs, making this one of the most completely documented Corvette assemblies in history.
When the receiving Chevrolet dealer offered the car for sale a week later, Burroughs and Amgwert promptly arranged its purchase and began its preservation as an historical milestone. Bill and Kevin Adams purchased this totally untouched Corvette from the original owners in 1988. It was an important part of their Corvette collection, stored since purchased exactly as it rolled out of the factory, with all the frame and chassis markings put on by the plant employees as it made its way down the assembly line. The tires have never been cleaned, and the special plate noting it as "The Last St. Louis Corvette" remains inside the right front fender well. The Ralph Braun Foundation purchased this Corvette from Bill & Kevin Adams in 2010. Only 4 original miles. **ALL PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT THE RALPH BRAUN FOUNDATION** **SOLD AS PAIR WITH LOT 441**