Pristine 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition is 1 of 500 built and hits the auction block with only 340 miles on the odometer.
There’s no doubt that the 2019 Corvette ZR1 was the ultimate Swan Song of the C7 Corvette generation, but for me, the 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition is a close second.
In 2016, Chevrolet introduced a special limited edition Z06 Corvette meant to pay homage to the extremely successful Corvette C7.R race car.
- Offered on coupe and convertible models with 3LZ trim
- Available in Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat (new for 2016) or Black exterior colors
- C7.R Edition graphics package
- Z07 Performance Package with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes and Michelin PS Cup 2 tires
- Yellow brake calipers
- Black wheels with yellow accent strip and Corvette Racing-logo center caps
- Visible carbon fiber ground effects package
- New visible carbon fiber hood section
- Grilles and vents finished in Spectra Gray Metallic
- Jet Black leather interior with sueded microfiber accents on the instrument panel and doors
- Sueded microfiber-trimmed Competition Sport Seat, steering wheel and shifter
- Yellow contrast stitching throughout the interior
- Carbon fiber interior trim package (high-gloss)
- Corvette Racing sill plates
- Numbered C7.R Edition interior plaque showing the build number, starting with VIN 700001
- Special indoor car cover with C7.R graphics
The result was a fitting tribute to the Corvette C7.R race car and one of the best looking limited edition packages that was offered during the C7 Corvette generation.
This particular example hit the Bring a Trailer website with only 340 miles on the odometer!
If you can’t quite jump up to a 2019 Corvette ZR1, this limited edition, track-capable Z06 would be a perfect substitute!
Source: Bring a Trailer