Closely patterned after the famous 1963 Sting Ray convertible built by GM for retired styling chief Harley Earl, this equally rare convertible was presented to Chevrolet Motor Division president Semon "Bunkie" Knudsen. Finished in Rose Pearl with a full-length White racing stripe, it is outwardly distinguished by its chromed header-style pipes. The interior shares the unique upholstery, grated foot-well plates and custom color scheme as the Earl Corvette, and boasts a specially finished fuel-injected 327CI small block.
Documentation includes a magazine article and related correspondence.
- Bunkie Knudsen, being president of the Chevrolet Motor Division has it's perks, and one of them happened to be the ability to drive around in a GM Styling car
- Finished in Rose Pearl with a White racing stripe
- Chrome plated indivudual side pipes
- Custom leather interior mirrors the exterior paint scheme
- 327 CI engine topped by a chrome plated Rochester fuel injection system