Below is the VIN tag and specific information for identifying a 2002 model year Corvette. For more pictures of the 2002 model year, please see our 2002 Corvette Gallery.
|VIN Tag Information
|1G1YY12G525100000 - 1G1YY12S115135601
||Country of Origin: 1 = USA
||Manufacturer: G = General Motors
||Make: 1 = Chevrolet
||Carline/Series: YY = Corvette
||Body Style: 1 = hardtop 2 = two door coupe 3 = two door convertible
||Restraint Code: 2 = Active, manual w/ driver and passenger inflatable restraints.
||Engine Type: G = LS1, S = LS6
||Model Year: 2 = 2002
||Plant: 5 = Bowling Green, Kentucky
|Last 6 digits
||Production Number starting with 100000 - 1?????.
- Model Years: 1997-2002
- Locations Used:
- Coupe: Front bumper and rear cargo hatch
- Convertible: Front bumper, "waterfall" in the interior and on the trunk door
- Z06: Front bumper, and rear trunk door
- Description: These vehicle manufacturer decals list:
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Model Code
- Front and rear tire sizes and related inflation pressures
- vehicle weight
- Location: Inside driver's side door.
|Service Parts Identificaton Label:
- Description: This label lists the VIN number, model code (code designation for coupe, convertible, Z06 model) and Regular Production Option (RPO) codes used on the car.
- Location: Inside the glove box.
|VIN Tag: Lower edge of driver's side windshield. (Note - this VIN tag does not represent the 2002 model year.)