|Click on the thumbnails above for a larger view.|
Final Selling Price: NA Dana Mecum's 25th Original Spring Classic Auction
May 15-20, 2012
This Lot scheduled to be sold SAT 2:00PM
Only one Corvette received a factory-applied Black paint in 1972, and this is it. Known simply as "The Black 72", this 1972 Corvette convertible was built by an executive special order placed by GM President Pete Estes. It was factory equipped with a 350/200 HP V-8, Turbo Hydra-Matic transmission, air conditioning and an auxiliary hard top and retains all that original equipment today in addition to the original paint, interior and soft top. Notable for its appearance in Jessica Simpson’s 2004 music video "Take My Breath Away", the car was also awarded the NCRS 4 Star Bowtie and Top Flight awards - the latter with a score of 96.6% - in 2011. Truly a collectable, museum quality piece, the "Black 72" is extensively documented with multiple build sheets, tank sticker, window sticker, Protect-O-Plate, shippers copy, owner's manual and complete ownership history.
- The Black '72, this is the first time the car has been made available for public sale
- The only factory painted Black 1972 Corvette
- Executive special order by GM President, Pete Estes
- Original drivetrain
- Original paint, interior and soft top
- Factory air conditioning
- Auxiliary hardtop
- 2011 NCRS 4 Star Bowtie Award
- 2011 NCRS Top Flight award with 96.6%
- Documented with multiple build sheets, tank sticker, window sticker, Protect-O-Plate, shippers copy, owner's manual and complete ownership history
- Driven by Jessica Simpson in her 2004 music video, "Take My Breath Away"
- Truly a collectable, museum quality piece
Photos, descriptions and other information on this page are provided by the consigner to Mecum Auction and have not been verified by Mecum Auction.