2014 Corvette: GM TechLink Article: Blank Touch Screen after Start-up and in Reverse
Source: GM TechLink
Date: January 23, 2014
The infotainment touch screen may be blank after start-up and in Reverse, a rearview camera message may be displayed, and there may be Bluetooth® and navigation system conditions on the following models equipped with radio-infotainment system RPOs IO4, IO5, IO6 or RAO (except with RPO UPF):
• 2014 LaCrosse built prior to September 24, 2013
• 2014 Regal built prior to August 26, 2013
• 2013-2014 ATS built prior to September 23, 2013
• 2013-2014 SRX built prior to September 12, 2013
• 2013-2014 XTS built prior to August 21, 2013
• 2014 CTS Sedan (VIN A) built prior to September 23, 2013
• 2014 Corvette built prior to August 5, 2013
• 2014 Impala (VIN 1) (Fig. 9)
• 2014 Silverado 1500 built prior to October 1, 2013
• 2014 Sierra 1500 built prior to October 1, 2013
Some possible Bluetooth conditions include the screen not returning to the Home screen after ending a call, cannot call contact work/mobile number for more than one contact with the same name, and issues concerning speech recognition.
Some navigation conditions include no results found after performing an address search with an incomplete address, the selection of a Point of Interest address delivers a wrong destination position, and the map freezing when panning in the 10k zoom scale.
An updated software calibration has been released to address these conditions.
Update the Human Machine Interface (HMI) module using a USB flash drive and the Service Programming System with the files available on TIS2Web.
TIP: The USB flash drive programming event requires a USB 2.0 flash drive with a minimum capacity requirement of 4 GB. The software downloaded to the USB flash drive can be used to update all applicable vehicles.
After USB programming has been completed, reprogram the HMI module using the Service Programming System with the latest calibrations available on TIS2Web and then clear any DTCs.
TIP: The vehicle modules must go to sleep for five minutes after programming the HMI module. If not, the vehicle may have a blank screen, no sound, no touch response, or the wrong splash screen may appear on the screen. If this happens, turn off the vehicle and wait the required five minutes before starting the vehicle again.
For RPO IO5, there was a production change in the software that changes the Navigation icon display to the Navigation OnStar icon display.
- Thanks to Ryan Dorland and Hassan Abdallah