2008 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Clutch Pedal Effort Complaint
Subject: Clutch Pedal Effort Complaint
Models: 2008 Corvettes with Manual Transmissions
Customers may comment or technicians may notice the clutch pedal on some 2008 Corvettes may stay on the floor when depressed. BEFORE ANY PARTS ARE REPLACED the technician should follow this procedure:
1. The engine should be off, transmission placed in neutral and the parking brake applied
2. Verify the clutch reservoir is filled to the "fill line." DO NOT remove the cover to inspect. Inspect the fluid level from the side of the reservoir. If additional fluid is required use only DOT4 fluid from an unopened container. NOTE: there is no substitution allowed other than DOT4 fluid
3. If the pedal is on the floor pull the pedal back to the full up stop and hold for one second. The fill port in the master cylinder is at the very top of the stroke. If the pedal is not fully returned to the top of the stroke, new fluid can not enter the reservoir.
4. Repeat the above step three times. If the clutch pedal does not freely return, repeat steps three and four.
5. Check the reservoir to insure the fluid is still full.
6. Drive the vehicle to insure proper clutch engagement
The Corvette uses a self adjusting clutch and some change in pedal feel or pressure are normal as the clutch adjusts.