1973 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Exhaust Manifold to Air Conditioning Refrigerant Hose Clearance
Subject: Exhaust Manifold to Air Conditioning Refrigerant Hose Clearance
Model and Year: 1973 Corvette with 350 C.I.D. Engine
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Technical Bulletin
Bulletin No: 74-T-41
Date: August 9, 1974
TO: ALL CHEVROLET DEALERS
This bulletin supersedes the heat shield installation information furnished in Dealer Technical Bulletin 73-T-8 dated January 3, 1973.
A new refrigerant hose assembly P/N 346137 (used for 1974 production) together with an in-line charging valve kit P/N 358273 has been released to service 1973 Corvettes when heat damage to the hose has been encountered.
The new hose assembly has a relocated charging valve. This makes it necessary to install an in-line charging valve when the hose is used on a 1973 Corvette. This valve is to be installed in the existing liquid line hose as shown in Fig. 1.
Chevrolet Motor Division
General Motors Corporation
1. Remove hood.
2. Remove ruptured hose assembly and discard.
3. Remove short air conditioning connector pipe P/N 3998441 and discard.
4. Threat new hose assembly P/N 346137 through hole in inner fender and connect to condenser inlet as shown on attachment.
5. Connect other ends to compressor and VIR.
6. Cut liquid line hose approximately two inches rearward on retaining clip.
7. Install charging valve with hose clamps.
8. Orient valve so that it points inboard from the fender.
9. Evacuate charge and check system operation.