Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 12-16-07, 03:04 PM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2000
- "Manchestah" NH
- 1990 ZR-1 (Canadian) Bright Red / Black
Ruthless Pursuit of Power: 2008 Edition: Our In-Depth Look at the 2008 Corvette LS3
Ruthless Pursuit of Power: 2008 Edition: Our In-Depth Look at the 2008 Corvette LS3 Engine
© 2007 by Hib Halverson
No use without permission, All Rights Reserved
I turned left on I-65-north on-ramp, then buried the gas.
In seconds, I was near the top of third gear, watching traffic fly backwards when I lifted. This twenty-oh-eight, six-speed–new LS3 under the hood and optional "NPP" exhaust out back–was a freakin' rocket ship.
I realized that now, my '04 Z06, good old "3Balls39", can't even keep up with a base C6. The new engine–6.2-liters, 436hp@5900 rpm–makes the standard Corvette about half-a-tenth quicker than the most aggressive Vette of just 48 months ago.
"This sucks!" I blurted.
The GM guy with me almost got a word out.
"Dude!" I cut him off. "The motor's awesome! What sucks is that it took you guys only four years to make a base car quicker than my 110-lbs. lighter C5Z."
Check it out!
- 12-16-07, 03:23 PM #2
Well researched and well-written report, Hib.
Great work, as usual.
- By Rob in forum C6 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 12-18-07, 07:29 PM
- By Rob in forum C6 General DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-29-07, 08:59 AM
- By Rob in forum WheelspinReplies: 45Last Post: 04-21-07, 12:32 AM
- By Rob in forum WheelspinReplies: 11Last Post: 11-23-06, 03:07 PM
- By Tom Bryant in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 09-24-01, 01:09 AM