Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    07 machine silver convertible

Default 07 convertible top problem

hey folks, driving at 60 on a country road with top up, heard a chime, wind blast, and i'm looking at sky. and front portion of top blew up. everything had been normal (yes, top was latched). was able to get top relatched, but it did not operate. one dealer got it operating but it was out of rig. another dealer has gotten it in rig but saying it is not covered under warranty (car still under full 36 month warranty). anyone had anything similar happen with their top?

Corvette(s)
    2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible

YIKES!!!
    I haven't heard of this happening to any of our members but I may have missed a post on the topic. It's been one of my fears that it would happen on my C5 because I sometimes forget to latch BOTH sides of the top. Gettin' old and forgetful.

BTW -

Jane Ann

For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble.

Corvette(s)
    2006 C6Z DSOM

If the car is still "under full 3/36 warranty" then it's covered (even if you're not!)

What's "in rig." vs. "out of rig?"

Why do you only have 1 post?