Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    2007 Victory Red Coupe

Default Weird display in driver information center

I have a '07 with a DIC issue. Whenever driving in sport mode, the display center is set to show the odometer. In the course of driving the display changes to 123456 and back to the odometer reading. Taking it to the dealer was no help - their reply 'we can't reproduce the issue'. Anybody have any suggestions as to what the issue can possibly be? Appreciate the help!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 043.jpg  

Corvette(s)
    2006 Velocity Yellow

Does that perhaps show in what gear you have the tranny? Judging from the pic you attached, 50mph at about 1100rpm sounds about right for 6th gear.
    Randy Smith, Kokomo, Indiana
    Velocity Yellow 2006 6sp, Z51

Corvette(s)
    2007 Victory Red Coupe

yes it does show the gear I'm in but the issue is that the display keeps switching back and forth from odometer reading to 123456

Corvette(s)
    2006 Velocity Yellow

Does the DIC change to 123456 when you change gears or does it change when you are in steady state driving, no gear changes? Does the DIC change to the gear display when you have something other than the odometer displayed, the oil pressure for example?

Perhaps sport mode on the tranny assumes that the driver wants to see the gear indicator more often than in non-sport mode. Does the DIC do the same thing when not in sport mode?

Perhaps your owners manual can shed some light on the DIC for different tranny modes.
    Randy Smith, Kokomo, Indiana
    Velocity Yellow 2006 6sp, Z51

Corvette(s)
    2007 Victory Red Coupe

DIC does not change on up or down shift. Nor turn signal usage. Nor braking. Nor accelerating. Have not changed display to something other than odometer. Will try it and get back to you. The only thing in common each time it appears is that the car has been running for a least 30 minutes, running sport for 15 minutes. Thanks.

Corvette(s)
    '07 Monterey Red/Cashmere Vert

Hmmm....I too have an 07 and can say I've never had this happen. I also have the HUD. Do you have the Heads Up Display also?? If not, that could be the reason the gears are shoing up in the DIC.

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

Our '06 is a paddle shift car and I've never seen the 1 2 3 4 5 6 message in the DIC. Then again my car has the HUD.
    I checked a 2009 owner's manual via Google and it says the DIC will display the gear selected when in paddle shift mode but it didn't show how it is displayed.
    Tuna
    NCM Lifer - NCM Fighter Squadron
    2014 Caravan Captain - OK/TX Panhandle
    Central OK CC - Lone Star CC

Corvette(s)
    2008 C6 Coupe

I have not seen that in the DIC either.

Corvette(s)
    2006 C6Z DSOM

Sounds like a button is either hung up or the contacts are making inadvertant contact every so often. If this occurs only after 30 minutes of driving, then maybe heat related?