Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Compass Calibration Procedures ?
- 03-08-09, 08:51 AM #1
Compass Calibration Procedures ?
The mirror compass on my new Z06 (2009 1LZ) is not calibrated and reads SW when I am heading N. It also shows CAL next to the direction.
Does anyone have the procedure for calibrating the compass?
I think the dealer overlooked this part when placed in service and I just don't want to take it back for such a small thing.
Thanks in advance!
- 03-08-09, 09:20 AM #2
Not sure what the steps are, but your owners manual would be a great place to start. I don't have my manual available right now, but I know there are instructions in the manuals because I have had to recalibrate mine and found the instructions in my manual. You should have received a manual when you purchased the Corvette.The shortest distance between two points is under construction. ~ Noelie Altito.
- 03-08-09, 11:16 AM #3
- Join Date
- Jan 2003
- 5,800 feet above sea level
- 2006 'Evil Stealth Black' Roadster
I'm afraid we don't yet have an owner's manual link for model year 2009 up yet, but I don't think the recalibration procedure has changed much during the entirety of the C6 production run. Here's a LINK to the 2008 owners manual (you'll need to be able to support a document in PDF format). The information on compass recalibration are on pages 2-39 and 2-40. Try those and see if that solves your problem.
- By hardnoks in forum C6 General DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-10-08, 03:25 PM
- By 04 Commemorative in forum C5 General DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 11-05-07, 08:29 PM
- By kev in forum C1 & C2 General and Technical DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-09-07, 03:08 PM
- By rsimoes in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 12-07-03, 08:17 PM
- By KREX 725 in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 08-15-03, 02:39 PM