Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    2007 Black Z51 Coupe and 2004 Magnetic Red Coupe

Default C5 Manual Shifter Replacement

I'm looking for advice on which shifter I should buy to replace the stock piece in my 2004 C5. I'm told that the short throw GM C6 shifter will work...Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated...

Corvette(s)
    02 QS Z06

I had a C6 shifter in my car and i wasn't happy with it. It felt sloppy to me. What I've found to be the best (IMO) is a shortened C5 shifter. I've run that set up with my last two Vettes and I couldn't be happier.
    Tony
    02 MY Z06

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 95 04 12

I think you are better to go aftermarket...the Fidanza shifter is a good one.

If you are going to put in a short-throw shifter make sure that 1) your clutch releases properly, 2) the clutch hydraulics are working properly, the fluid is clean and the hydraulics are free of air and 3) you're running a better lube in the trans such as Red Line D4 ATF or MTL.

Do all that and you'll gain a shorter shift throw but the shift effort will not change that much.
    Hib Halverson