Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Default Gauges button not working

My CHANGE OIL light has been on since I bought the car. I changed the oil and follwed the steps to turn the change oil light off, it did not work. I have found that the GAUGES button does not function at all. Where do I start trying to find the issue? Should I do a CCM diagnosis or something else? Maybe a fuse that I am not seeing is blown somewhere? Hope for some info so I can correct another PO issue.

I spooke to Junkie yesterday, he recommended taking the switches out and cleaning and checking them. Got it tore open and found the GAUGES button will not depress like the others do. I have played with it a few hours and have made no progress. Looks like I might need a new cover and swithes so I can reset my change oil light and get the gauges button to function correctly.

Corvette(s)
    1993 Blue

Hey Tim,

Like many things on this car I've found most of the buttons and switches can be cleaned...i.e. radio, AC and heat controls, window switches etc. I've always taken them out of the car and look at them with a glass to see how they come apart. So far I've been able to correct everything that way. More then wear they ususally need a little cleaning. Again when you look at them with a glass you can understand why they don't work. Good Luck!

I took the DIC out two nights ago and found one of the locking tabs on the gauges button was broken. Removed teh broken piece and put it back in yesterday morning and have it working correctly now. Thanks for your help and replies.