Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: F/S: alternator out of my '94...
- 06-02-09, 07:56 PM #1
F/S: alternator out of my '94...
I just paid a core charge at Advance, instead of giving them my old one, since it's still good.
I did what I tell everyone to not do - buy parts without doin' diags. And of course, I put a new one in mine, thinkin' the old alternator was toast. It wasn't. It's a short in the signal TO the alternator, which is why the new one didn't put out either.
I took the old one in for a bench test, and it was good as could be. I told them I'll keep it, since the core charge is $16, and I can sell it for more than that.
You beat $16, pay postage, and it's yours. Google Advance Auto Snow Hill NC, and you can get the bench test results - the guys there all know me (ChuckB).
- By 94conv. in forum C4 General DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 05-22-09, 01:32 AM
- By AustinJohn in forum C4 General DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-19-08, 08:42 AM
- By 59-62USNVET in forum C6 Z06 DiscussionReplies: 24Last Post: 02-17-06, 06:03 PM
- By andrewc4 in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 11Last Post: 04-29-05, 06:59 PM
- By boonie in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-03, 03:17 PM