Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    92 Bright Red Convertable

Default c4 bose cd players

I am purchasing a 1992 C4 this week. I am concerned with stories I have heard about the problems with the CD Players. Are they as unreliable as I have heard. Is there a direct replacement of better quality I could buy. I must have my Music.

Corvette(s)
    1994 arctic white coupe

Hi, and welcome to the . The cd player in your 92 probably won't be able to read "burnt" cd's. I had this problem with my 94,but found that when burning a cd for use in the vette, I just had to burn it at a slower speed. Also don't put more than 60 minutes of music on it. Cd's that you purchase in stores will play fine though. There are a lot of different stereos out there that sound much better than the Bose....it's all up to you as to keeping original,or going after market. Good luck and enjoy your new toy. Don't forget to wave.