Subject: Rough Idle or Vibration
Model and Year: 2014 - 2015 Corvette with RPO LT1 Engine
Source: Chevrolet Service News
Page Number: NA
Date: October 8, 2014
On some 2014-2015 Corvette, Silverado, Sierra and 2015 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL and Escalade models equipped with the 4.3L, 5.3L or 6.2L engine (RPOs L83, L86, LT1, LV3), there may be a condition of a rough idle or a vibration at idle in gear. There will not be any DTCs with this condition.
To correct the vibration, perform the following motor mount alignment procedure.
1. Loosen the engine mount bolts at the frame attachment points. (Fig. 15)
2. Lift the engine slightly to take the load off the mounts.
3. Use a pry bar to push the mount outboard as far as possible (about 1–1.5 mm) (Fig. 16, left engine mount; Fig. 17, right engine mount); torque the bolts while pushing the mount outboard.
4. Tighten the center/upper bolt first, then front, then rear (Fig. 18). Complete this procedure for both left and right mounts.
5. Lower the engine.
The vehicle may need to be driven for some time to confirm the condition has been eliminated.
- Thanks to Richard Renshaw
Article ID: 960
Created: October 16, 2014
Last Updated: October 16, 2014
Online URL: https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/knowledgebase/article/2014-2015-corvette-service-news-rough-idle-or-vibration-960.html