1963 - 1964 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Door Glass Outer Seal Strip Replacement
Model Year: 1963-1964
Subject: Door Glass Outer Seal Strip Replacement
Source: Chevrolet Service News
Number: Volume 36, Number 2, Page 2.
Date: February 1964
The following service procedure should be used when replacement of the door glass outer seal strip is required on 1963 or 1964 Corvettes. This revised service procedure replaces that detailed for the same operation on page 1-18 of the 1963 Corvette Shop Manual, under the heading "Window Outer Seal Assembly -- Removal and Installation."
DOOR WINDOW OUTER SEAL STRIP
- Remove door trim panel as outlined in the 1963 Corvette Shop Manual. Body Section under "Doors -- Trim Panel -- Removal", pg. 1-14.
- Carefully separate the water deflector paper from the door inner panel until the door regulator attaching screws are exposed (See 1963 Corvette Shop manual, Body Section -- Fig. 46, pg. 1-21).
- Remove the forward two screws securing the regulator mechanism to the door panel and loosen the two rear screws.
- -- Manually Operated Windows
Place window glass at the full down position and press downward on the glass to gain sufficient clearance to remove the attaching screws (See 1963 Corvette Shop Manual, Body Section -- Figure 44, pg. 1-21).
-- Electrically Operated Windows
Remove two rear channel screws (see 1963 Corvette Shop Manual, Body Section -- Figure 46, pg. 1-21): then, follow the above -- Manual Operated Window procedure.
- Remove Seal Assembly by pulling the top toward the inside of car and pushing downward to disengage hook type clips from door inner panel.
- Guide seal assembly clips in holes and pull seal assembly up to engage clips (see 1963 Corvette Shop Manual, Body Section -- Figure 45, pg. 1-21)
- Press downward on the glass to gain sufficient clearance and attach the seal assembly screws. NOTE: Do not torque screws excessively or attachment will be stripped.
- Attach the forward two screws at the regulator mechanism and tighten the two rear screws.
--Electrically Operated Windows
Remove inspection plate, if necessary, and attach the two rear channel screws. (If required, adjust the window glass as outlined in the 1963 Corvette Shop manual, Body Section, under "Doors -- Adjustments -- Door Window", pg. 1-13). Reinstall inspection plate.
- Carefully attach the inner panel water deflector paper. Add necessary adhesive sealer as required. Press firmly with the hand. Do not tear or puncture.
- Reverse the door trim panel "Removal" procedure at outlined in the 1963 Corvette Shop Manual, Body Section under "Doors -- Trim Panel".
Article ID: 758
Created On: Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Last Updated On: Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Online URL: https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/knowledgebase/article/1963-1964-corvette-service-bulletin-door-glass-outer-seal-strip-replacement-758.html