1967 Corvette: Service News: Corvette Door Window Removal
Subject: Corvette Door Window Removal
Model and Year: 1967 Corvette
Source: Chevrolet Service News
Number: Volume 39, Issue Number 9
Date: August 1967, Page 2
The 1967 Corvette Door window glass can be removed without removing the ventilator assembly as presently outlined on page 1B-13 of the 1967 (Passenger Car) Chassis Service Manual if the following procedure is followed.
- Remove two screws under arm rest.
- Using Tool J-7797, remove clips retaining window crank and lock remote control.
- Remove knob from door lock control by turning counter clockwise.
- Remove 2 screws retaining inside pull handle.
- Remove sheet metal screws and special washers retaining trim panel to door assembly.
- Pull trim panel with hand to disengage from top of door. Remove trim panel from vehicle.
- Remove door water deflector from inner surface.
- With window in full-up position, remove two screws retaining rear glass run channel to panel and remove channel from bracket.
- Lower window approximately 1 1/2" to access two (2) sash retaining nuts through openings provided in panel. Remove glass from upper guide rail and lower in door opening. Lower guide rail to full down position.
- Rotate window within door panel 180 degrees and remove from door.
Article ID: 49
Created On: Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Last Updated On: Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Online URL: https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/knowledgebase/article/1967-corvette-service-news-corvette-door-window-removal-49.html