1997 - 2004 Corvette: Resetting the Engine Oil Life Monitor
Article ID: 417 | Rating: 4/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 6:45 AM
- Turn the ignition on, but make sure the engine is off.
- Press the "Trip" button on the DIC so that it displays "OIL LIFE" percentage.
- Press and hold the "Reset" button for two seconds. "OIL LIFE REMAIN 99%" will appear on the display.
- Turn ignition to on, do not start engine.
- Clear any DIC messages.
- Depress and releaser throttle pedal rapidly 3 times (within a second or so).
- Oil Life will be 99%.