$projecthp
  • September 2007:  The Ever-Changing World of Internet Business and Car Forums

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Corvette(s)
    2002 Blue z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

It did not take me long to realise CAC was the best place around, just because it does happen to be on of the smaller websites out of the ones i've seen so far.

I always thought CF was way overloaded and needed far too much digging for the info you were trying to find. Seems a lot of folks on there didn't own a Vette at all. I've also found far more useful info here than anywhere else.

Corvette(s)
    2006 C6Z DSOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I like this site. It has good info. I try to contribute when I have something to contribute. CF is too childish and DC is too vulgar (see "childish" also.) I can't figure out why there are 127 members (and 652 guests lurking) currently and there is so little traffic on the C6 depts. They must be somewhere on here, maybe I'll try some of the social areas in this forum.

Corvette(s)
    2002 MY Roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Yes this was good site, and might still be?? I think I and a few others moved on...I come back sometimes.. If I had to sum it up in two words I would use over-zealousness by some is why I basically quite coming. Too restrictive, of course that is my reason.

Plus I sold my Z06, kept the roadster, picked up a new item 2002 Sea Ray 380 Sundancer (see Avatar)

Pseudomind is a member of the Jacksonville Corvette Club

“Spirituality gives hope, religions divide people”

From a GED to an MBA

Corvette(s)
    2008 Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by NORTY View Post
    I like this site. It has good info. I try to contribute when I have something to contribute. CF is too childish and DC is too vulgar (see "childish" also.) I can't figure out why there are 127 members (and 652 guests lurking) currently and there is so little traffic on the C6 depts. They must be somewhere on here, maybe I'll try some of the social areas in this forum.
    I agree Norty, I would like to see more activity. Ok then you and I will post more! I can't really help anyone with anything other than my own experience since I am no mechanic nor am I experienced at pushing the vette to it's limits.

But I can (and do) post based on my opinions and experiences.

Rob this is a great site. This is the only site where I will be a supporting member.

Corvette(s)
    2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnell View Post
    I agree Norty, I would like to see more activity. Ok then you and I will post more! I can't really help anyone with anything other than my own experience since I am no mechanic nor am I experienced at pushing the vette to it's limits.

But I can (and do) post based on my opinions and experiences.

Rob this is a great site. This is the only site where I will be a supporting member.
    I joined CF way back in 1999. Back then it was small, run and owned by a corvette owner and the subject matter was well, Corvettes and most everyone was courteous and helpful when it came to someone new to corvettes. But after five years I started seeing a change, the posts were rude and hostile. One ex-GM corvette engineer was a member, but finally got tired and left as did many ,many others who'd been members, their here now. The people who posted were the kind who didn't give out any details like where they lived or who they were, what kind of corvette they owned, nothing to give any idea of their sincerity and they soon became 'trolls' who'd start a fight here and there many times over, then duck out and resurface with a new user name and IPO. And to this day it has gotten worse. Just like DC the vulgar and ridiculous posters continue to grow without any rules or guidelines that are to be followed. As a result of my expierence at CF I sought out this site and I can say this is a VERY well run corvette website. Thanks Rob for your guidance !

Corvette(s)
    2003 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Not to rag on any site but it really peeves me when there's an advertisement in the first post.

Corvette(s)
    1959 1968 427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks Rob. I appreciate all your hard work and dedication to this site. It is simply the best.

Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnell View Post

Thank you Bonnell!

And thank you all for your kind words. I'm glad that you continue to make the CAC your home away from home.
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Corvette(s)
    2017 Grand Sport 90 ZR1 57 Bel Air
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

This is still the friendliest amd most knowlegeable Corvette site around. Keep up the good work Rob.

Corvette(s)
    2002 M.Y. convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I hate this site! It's like an addiction. Be back tomorrow.

Corvette(s)
    2008 Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Ok Outwest, you form the CAC Anonymous group and I will be the first new member.

Hi, I'm J and I am a CAC-Aholic.

Corvette(s)
    ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudomind in Sept'07 View Post
    Ditto to what he said!

And yes I have and I am also a member of most of fthese other Corvette sites, but which do I prefer?

Enough hints

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudomind almost one year later to the day View Post
    Yes this was good site, and might still be?? I think I and a few others moved on...I come back sometimes.. If I had to sum it up in two words I would use over-zealousness by some is why I basically quite coming. Too restrictive, of course that is my reason.

Plus I sold my Z06, kept the roadster, picked up a new item 2002 Sea Ray 380 Sundancer (see Avatar)
    ...So did this overzealousness of one person or group of people become an issue in the past year? Was this overzealousness less than what you find at the other sites? Was it staff or other users that you speak of? Did you bring it to Rob's attention or the attention of any other staffers as suggested by Rob in his initial post?

We try to please everyone, but...well...ya just can't always do that...

Celebrity's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2004
    People's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2010
    Blake Yager's MVC Award Winner - CruiseFest 2011

€vř|µ†ˇ¤ń 1980
    ZZ4 Engine - Hooker Super Comp headers (ceramic coated) - 700R4 - Steeroids - VB&P Brake Kit - Torqlite 17" Wheels
    2003 Victory Vegas (1507cc / 92ci) - Stage 1 Performance Package - Arlen Ness Slashness Pipes...Gone but not forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by MaineShark View Post
    I could build a nuke in my basement. They are actually very simple devices. And we have uranium in NH. I could mine it and refine it and build one. The science is simple. The engineering not overly complex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution1980 View Post
    ...So did this overzealousness of one person or group of people become an issue in the past year? Was this overzealousness less than what you find at the other sites? Was it staff or other users that you speak of? Did you bring it to Rob's attention or the attention of any other staffers as suggested by Rob in his initial post?

We try to please everyone, but...well...ya just can't always do that...

I'm curious too. I've seen a lot of stupid poopy on forums, but none here. What's up pseudo? Thought maybe I'd see you again in BG next Spring.

Corvette(s)
    2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    I'm curious too. I've seen a lot of stupid poopy on forums, but none here. What's up pseudo? Though maybe I'd see you again in BG next Spring.
    I'm with you ! I can't say I've seen any troublemakers here at all. If you not satisfied here, Why? You can't tell me that any other site is superior to CAC, can you? If so Why?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234