Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    1969 Killer Shark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Re: Wavin

Originally posted by hotrodd
    Hi everyone.This post is not to brag or get addaboys at all.I will talk or wave to anybody while I drive my vette.I have stage 4 colon cancer and I enjoy every momemet I drive old sparky.I am trying to get with the american cancer society and see if I could take youngsters for a short cruise that have cancer but letting a stranger take your child for a drive might prevent this and I understandThey would be totally safe but I will talk with people and come up with a solution hopefully.Any ideas?
    Great idea Hotrod! I try to find the good in everything, but get frustrated myself with some of the "better than thou" people that share our sport. I constantly struggle to keep my own ego in check.

Working in the community is a rewarding and beneficial, especially if you can do it in conjunction with your love for the Vette.

I am a hospice volunteer, but have backed off from that to focus on getting my car ready for Sharkfest 2002. I have had an idea in the back of my mind to combine the love for my car, community, and the good of others with hospice in the future. I would also like to take my car to see people of all ages (especially children) and take them for a ride and let them listen to the engine rumble. I would like my car to have a purpose beyond making me happy, but to spread joy to others in need of some cheering up. I saw where a fellow with an original Shelby Cobra does something like this for a particular childrens charity.

There is just something about the shape, sounds, and feel of a Corvette that can make the weakest heart beat a little faster.

Right on Rob!

Corvette(s)
    1987 Redskin Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Right On!!!!

Rob i've seen the same thing in my short month of vette ownership. Being only 29 and looking alittle young to be driving a vette i noticed the waves and thought i was in a new bracket so you could say. I enjoy it when someone waves back or waves first. i get alot of compliments on my baby cause how clean she is but the other night i pulled along a 90 series c-4 and another young guy was driving it. He was street racing around the local cruising strip. Well we pulled up at a light and he was making a left and i looked over and gave him a wave and he looked back then just looked forward like a pompous ass. ( i could read his mind....you got round tail lights your not worthy) Well you get the point he made his left and i went on my merry way. The first wave i got i was estatic over it. I thought that was the coolest! I went over my uncles who owns a sweet 95 and we talked and i told him about the wave he said yeah thats what owning a vette is about! I've been lucky enough to pull along side of vette owners at a gas station and one was this chick (and yes she was pretty hot!) she shared my same philosophy loose an X buy a vette...hehe we talked for about a 1/2 hour at the shell station... All in all i'll wave to all and if they don't well they are missing something special and won't ever be happy with a vette....

87 Coupe
    Old Times! New ones coming Soon!
    Best 60' 1.815 on Good Year F1 Street Tires!
    Best ET 13.187
    Best MPH 105.84
    Check out my Car Domain Site!
    www.CorvetteKillStories.com

Corvette(s)
    '90 ZR-1 #365 (SOLD...but Dad's got it now)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Great write up Rob. I always wave!

Jay

March 2002 - Grinding the Corvette Axe Dad's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    15Gray/8sp 72Blk/Blk4Spd 64Red/Red/Wht4spd
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default I always wave!!!

I always wave, so everyone will get out of my way. You never know what an old man will do with that much power under his foot.

Hotrod, try to get hooked up with your local Corvette club, and Fire Department to take the kids for a ride. Make a full day of it or plan it during a fund raising cookout and they will generally go along with it when there is a group. By the way, I could not use my 98 because of the air bag, you need to be able to disengage them to take a child under a certain weight or size.

Good Luck and keep the faith.

jillingworth

Great story and to the point. I put all my gold chains on Ebay after reading it.

kustomvette

i agree rob ,i have seen it time and time again,but i always will do it even if it is to just **** them off.i even give the wave driving my extreme s-10,talk about the weird looks then!! people are strange ,what can ya do................joe

98TXRed

Default The Wave Tradition goes down in Flames

I learned about the Wave from this site almost immediately after getting my Vette about 9 months ago. Iíve been preaching to my wife about the Tradition of the Wave. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I was out of town and she took over driving the Vette (itís a dirty job, but someone has to). She saw another Vette and decided to join the Wave Tradition. She told me that the guy had a shocked look on his face like she was trying to pick him up (and didnít return the Wave); she said ďNever againĒ. By the way, my wife is a good-looking woman, so it wasnít from disgusted (yes, Iím lucky since she also bought me the Vette).

So much for expanding the Wave Tradition!

Corvette(s)
    None
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

On our trip to the museum Mon, & Tue. I bet I waved at fifty Vettes . None waved back .

sac001

Always wave, if you get one back even better! When I first got my vette, I was thinking the same, that new vette drivers just didn't wave to the older vettes. Then one day I'm trying to pull out onto a busy road, and along comes a new vette convertible, not only did she wave first, but she slowed down and waved me in front of her!

I don't care if they wave back, but I always smile and wave. My kids also always wave, even from the minivan, they'll give a thumbs up, imagine the surprised looks they get from that!

One of the other thrills I get is when the kids wave to me and yell out "cool car", a smile and a wave makes their day, and re-generates the love and tradition. Incidently, I don't think there is a kid in the neighborhood who hasn't ridden in my vette, and if there is, I'm sure to hear about it.

Save the wave

March 2002 - Grinding the Corvette Axe Dad's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    15Gray/8sp 72Blk/Blk4Spd 64Red/Red/Wht4spd
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

sac001,

You had part of that right, the new vette drivers, not the drivers with new vettes, would be more correct. The older vette drivers, not the same breed anywhere. My first was in '57, now I'm in my '98, still waving. I sometimes think it may be the sign of the times, just don't have time to do that wave anymore.

Next month Iím going to set my cruse at 35 MPH, turn on my left turn signal, drive on the road most of the time and on the centerline the rest of the time. Look between the dash and the steering wheel, make abrupt turns into drug stores, stop in the road when I need to figure out where I am, BUT, I will wave at you, that's if I can see you. Now, what were we talking about??

Oh yeah, did I tell you I'm finally going to retire. :t

Corvette(s)
    None
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I thought you Buckeyes drove like that everyday ! Congratulations on retireing . Lets go for a cruise sometime . Cliff

JaggeedFire

Hello all....newbie here. Ive found the same only among new cars. Every c1-c3 'rs have waved. I wave at all 'Vettes, no matter what im in. Hope some day they all catch the addiction!!

Save the wave!

Nicholas

Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Nicholas.

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Corvette(s)
    1966 convertible, 327 L79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Good article,

I don't think I've done so much waving in my life before I got my motorcycle and my vette.

Just to expand on the comments that were already said. On my bike ( I have a zx-6, "rice burner""crotch rocket", whatever..... Its a motorcycle for christ sakes!) I quickly found out about all the little clicks that people want to be categorized in. While all or most sport bike riders would usually wave to me the Harley crowd would not while I just waved at all bike riders, not because of the brand of bike they had but because we obviously shared the open road. There are some cruiser guys that give me the wave and I do the same, again because we share a common interest/passion/vision, whatever you want to call it. I think it's pretty sad when I ride mi bike and Harley guys are just too cool to wave back. I almost laugh at how tough they try to seem with their scouring facial expressions. But then I noticed on some of my longer rides that some Harley guys don't even acknowledge their own kind.

Getting back to the vette wave. I think your going to find ass**** in every part of society that you look, whether its the Ferrari crowd, Vette crowd, whatever. These are the guys that buy cars, motorcycles...etc. soley to be egocentric and not to become a part of a larger understanding/culture which most people are enjoying on the road and with other fellow enthusiasts.

Enjoy the ride!
    MC

Corvette(s)
    former C3&C5- future C7 when jr's college is paid
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

It does get confusing. I try to waive to other Corvettes unless I am hanging on for dear life pushing toward 1 G in a curve. Sometimes I borrow my son's Jeep Wrangler and these Jeep guys wave to me. I have to think for a split second then realize I'm in a Jeep. I am so used to waving to Corvettes that when I see a Corvette and waive when I'm in the Jeep or my other cars. They must think I am crazy.
    I used to ride motorcycles including several Harleys. I would always wave to all makes of motorcycles. If you have the ba**s to ride you deserve a wave

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast