Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    Black 1996 LT4 Coupe/ 2004 Z06/Z16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hi Rob,

We got State of the Union, State of the State, and State of the CAC. Well written State of the CAC. Sorry for the sour 2003 but sounds like you're on track for a great 2004.

I have my own business, got authority & got responsibility for everything - same with you and CAC. It's your baby and to make it what you want it to be you have to exercise your authority.

I think it's run just fine, keep up the good work!
    2004 Z06/Z16 stock
    Black/gray 1996 LT4 Coupe (sold)

2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SCCA Regional Solo Champion

Ready to buy a 2012/2013 C6Z from motivated seller, don't need to sell my c5, or ask the wife or bank. PM if you have a lead for me. Thanks!

Link to my DIY videos http://www.youtube.com/user/1947froggy?feature=guide

Corvette(s)
    ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default What's the best nation on Earth? Donation!

Ask and ye shall receive!

Rob, I think when I first met you person I had mentioned about setting up a 'donation' type system, and I'm pretty sure that I've expressed my feelings in the forums about having paying members. I know I'm up for it and I'll certainly throw more than just 5 bones.

Now, as far as your server upgrades... I'm guessing that there may be quite a few people here well entrenched in the computer industry. Why not post a list of things you are looking for regarding the upgrades. I maaaaay be able to help out and get you parts 'donated'. I know I have tons of stuff filling up quite a few rooms. I might have some things that will work (assuming you are running x86 architecture and not Sun or something).

Celebrity's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2004
    People's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2010
    Blake Yager's MVC Award Winner - CruiseFest 2011

v| 1980
    ZZ4 Engine - Hooker Super Comp headers (ceramic coated) - 700R4 - Steeroids - VB&P Brake Kit - Torqlite 17" Wheels
    2003 Victory Vegas (1507cc / 92ci) - Stage 1 Performance Package - Arlen Ness Slashness Pipes...Gone but not forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by MaineShark View Post
    I could build a nuke in my basement. They are actually very simple devices. And we have uranium in NH. I could mine it and refine it and build one. The science is simple. The engineering not overly complex.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

PS:

How about an alternative to PayPal? My PayPal got hacked about a year ago & they (PayPal) were not very helpful about fixing my account. See www.paypalsucks.com.

I'm not bashing them, seems to work for a lot of people, but if you are one of the unfortunate few you are in for a lot of grief. I'll send you a check if you pm or email or post the info on how to make it out, etc. The info I've got from cac members is worth a lot.

There are also tshirts/window decals/coffee mugs that have a decent markup & are not too difficult to procure.

In the long run you might consider forming a nonprofit/educational/public service entity for cac. If properly formed & approved the donations would be tax deductible (like PBS) and you & staff draw a regular w2 salary. Just a few thoughts.

Talk to your local accountant/lawyer.

SeeYa.
    2004 Z06/Z16 stock

Ready to buy a 2012/2013 C6Z from motivated seller, don't need to sell my c5, or ask the wife or bank. PM if you have a lead for me. Thanks!

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by froggy47
    PS:

There are also tshirts/window decals/coffee mugs that have a decent markup & are not too difficult to procure.
    Never mind, I just found the Pro Shop!
    2004 Z06/Z16 stock

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I found the address too, checks in the mail (Just kidding about Paris Hilton - other thread )
    2004 Z06/Z16 stock

February 2004:  Looking Back - Looking Forward, 2003 - 2004
    Corvette(s)
    2001 Millenium Yellow Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Thank you!

I've only been a member a short time, but sure have learned a lot in that time. Hope 2004 goes well for you. Know the feeling after having lost my wife to cancer last September.

You made becoming a supporting member easy, and I hope to volunteer at the meet in May to meet some of the other members.

Corvette(s)
    jewel blue 61.cranberry 69 t-top.black rose 92
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Rob you do a great job here my past year has not been that great either like you hope 04 is better. 5 bucks is a pitance for the wealth of info here i hope what i do contribute is productive although not near as much as other members.If there is any thing i can do to help feel free to pm . keep up the good work and heres for a great 04 Steve

Corvette(s)
    1984 Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Love what you pened. Great thoughts.
    Makes me proud.
    tony
    Keep The Shiny Side Up!!!!!!!

VRGSVET

Rob,

Awesome site, keep up the great work. I agree with everything you said. It's sad to me that you should have to explain the obvious to everyone, but that's reality. Anyway, you convinced me to become a supporting member, also. Thanks.

Paul

Silver97

Default This place rocks !!

This is a great place for all of us, keep up the great work and Thank You for all you do

I will pay asap.

Corvette(s)
    2003 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I think the forum changed a lot last year. Maybe grow is a better term instead of change. But I've been a member here since 2001 and it's really grown and changed. There have been the constant supporters of the forum and I hope that I'm one of them. I certainly don't have much technical knowledge and I'll always ask if I don't know. There were a lot of projects that I undertook last year with some encouragement and guidance from the CAC members here. I went to look at a ZR-1 for Sleepyhead last winter and in the process, got the ride of my life in that ZR-1. To think of it, I didn't do it for Sleepyhead, I did it for myself!

2003 was a rough year for me personally. No, I didn't lose my job and no one close to me died. But in terms of relationships with other people, it was very rough and I'm glad that dealing with things like that is done with. A lot of members went through rough times last year and it's just a relief to have this big family on the forum to talk to.

One of the greatest strengths of this forum is that we can talk about anything. We are all human beings first and Corvette enthusiasts second. We all have personal issues and there are a lot of forums that won't let you talk about those issues.

Kudos to the Forum!
    Edmond.

Contact me for the best prices on Amsoil.

February 2004:  Looking Back - Looking Forward, 2003 - 2004
    Corvette(s)
    PURPLE PEARLE MET. 6SP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Great job Rob! Thanks for all you do and have done for CAC. I am proud to say count me in for another year.

Mike

justafamilyman

Hi Rob,
    Finding others who dissagree is enevitable. Having the strenght to follow what you believe (especially when it is correct) show character. That is what permeates thru the entire CAC.
    If I agree, I'm on board. If I dissagree, well I just have to go on.
    The bottom line is that whatever problems you may have had while "being the captain" of the CAC ship, you have not allowed those problems to affect the course of the CAC.
    There are many fine people whose threads, posts and replied I have enjoyed.
    Keep on keeping on, and don't forget to wave.
    Blew Borg Brian 1 of 58

JR_Vette

I don't post much here, but I just wanted to drop in and say I agree 100% with your decision. It's your forum, your rules and I respect your decision.

Corvette(s)
    96 Collectors Edition LT4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Rob,
    You are a heck of a guy and you have a heck of a site. The people out here have been helpful beyond belief. The credit for that goes back to you. I have had the honor of meeting you. I hope most of the folks here get to the Cruise Fest so they will be able to see for themselves what I am saying.
    I am very sorry about your loss. Please keep your eyes aimed toward the heavens.
    Do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance whatsoever.
    Save the wave!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast