• August 2002:  Lend a Helping Hand

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MLGower

I've had my Vette now for about 6 months and I gotta tell you, if it wern't for this site, I would have given up on my vette. It needs a good deal of work, and you guys have saved me Soooo much money it's not even funny. I grew up a motorhead working on GM's Fords and Dodge, but the Corvette has got to be the most fun I've had tinkering. Even with the knowledge I have from other cars and projects, I find there is a LOT I don't know about the Corvette. And the people on this site are extremely helpful when it comes to figuring out a problem. My most recent fixes were the cooling system and my Differental. I almost went out and spent a ton of money replacing the Diff, and both trailing arms, which as it turns out, are in good cond! My hat's off to you and this site!!! Thanks for all the help.

Michael

Corvette(s)
    1987 Black Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Me too!

I think Corvette Action Center is the best forum on the web. I was really fortunate to find CAC while I was searching for my corvette. Because of the information in the knowledgebase and the technical information that you'all shared, I found the right corvette for me.
    What I like best about CAC is everyone's kindness to new owners, especially when the same question has been asked and answered before.

Thanks, Great Job!

Piet

Speaking as someone who is just getting into the 'vette scene, I asked some pretty 'noob questions, and always got GREAT replies. Very informative and gentle on my lack of knowledge of 'vettes. Thanks to all the participants who have increased my knowledge and appreciation of this fine car.

Kudo's Rob on building a great community.

-Piet

Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
    -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

monte70

Rob, It was just luck that I found CAC and now when I have a corvette question I search your site first. I also tell my buddy's of this great site that contains all types of information on vette's. Thank you again for having the insite to create this site. I just wish I had more time to read everything here.

77vette

Because of the helpfulness of the CAC guys and gals is why I Stay tuned to this site. Job well-done Rob. Hoss

Corvette(s)
    Living a dream...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I am not sure how to properly thank you for starting this website. Thank you is just not good enough. Anyway I am so glad that I actually found this sight, I visit daily. Keep up the great work, and keep the information coming in regards to the C6. Thanks again.

Corvette(s)
    1992 Convertible White 6 sp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Agree 100%

I bought my first vette this year, stumbled across this wonderful site, and will go nowhere else!

vmrod

Default ...show your thanks

I nice way to show your thanks (for all the information here) is to help others, offer support, CREATIVE criticism, and just being friendly.

LarryBible

Thanks very much for this thread to help tune us all in to what this is all about.

I looked very hard for a site like this about two years ago and gave up. I came up with a need for some answers about a month or so ago, looked again and found this great site. I have frequented a site, much like this, covering the other car type which draws my enthusiasm, for about two and a half years. I have said that the site was the best on the internet. Since finding this site and forum, it is most definitely number two IMHO, and closing in fast.

My sincere thanks for taking the initiative to put it all together.

Have a great day,

Corvette(s)
    Black Cherry 1969 Stingray
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Nothing but good things to say

Here's another young guy that has been made at home here at CAC. I've meet close to a dozen CACers from the Virginia/Maryland area and am very impressed with their willingness to accept a much younger person into their group. I don't have much to bring to the table, but I'm sure taking a lot from it. Like Rob said:

Who will take care of the older Corvettes once we're gone? The younger generations of Corvette owners will....provided we teach them those things that may seem trivial to us
    I expect to be able to teach my children and many others all about vettes someday, and I can say that I learned it from a bunch of ol' farts on an internet site when I was younger.
    Anthony

August 2002:  Lend a Helping Hand Eric's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Re: Nothing but good things to say

Originally posted by Stingray74CC
    Here's another young guy that has been made at home here at CAC. I've meet close to a dozen CACers from the Virginia/Maryland area and am very impressed with their willingness to accept a much younger person into their group. I don't have much to bring to the table, but I'm sure taking a lot from it. .......I expect to be able to teach my children and many others all about vettes someday, and I can say that I learned it from a bunch of ol' farts on an internet site when I was younger.
    Nicely put Anthony, from one of the younger ol' farts.

- Eric

C V Man

There are other Corvette websites?

What for?

C V Man

way2fast

I think this site rocks!!!! i am a new owner in the vette family and am very excited to have found this site, i have so many questions and cant wait to hear all the different answers and suggeations to put my all my questions at ease, like this one.. What is the top speed of a 2002 C5? Also, does anyone know where you can run your car for a time? East End Long Island?

Corvette(s)
    None
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

GM's reported top speed is 175mph for the coupe and vert and 171 for the Z06. Z06 looses a small bit on the top end due to its gearing. Check the mags for tested top speed.

way2fast

I GOT HER UP TO ABOUT 150 ON THE STREET, WHILE BLOWING THE DOORS OFF A SH-T STANG, IT FELT REALLY GOOD, A HELL OF A RUSH BUT IT FELT LIKE SHE COULD GO QUICKER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast