• August 2002:  Lend a Helping Hand

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ddmau

Other sites? We don need no stinkin' other sites!

Thanks for a great site from a new member. Haven't felt the need for "other sites".

Hooray for

Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks everyone. I'm glad that members feel comfortable here. Enjoy!

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Corvette(s)
    ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Originally posted by ddmau
    Other sites? We don need no stinkin' other sites! Thanks for a great site from a new member. Haven't felt the need for "other sites".
    Yeah, what he said. I've never even been to another corvette forum other than CAC. Haven't had any reason! I love this place!

And yes, ages/maturity/knowledge all contribue to friction at times. That's the reason I stopped participating in the site devoted to my daily driver. Too many kids, not enough manners/knowledge/sense...

Me, I'm happily somewhere in the middle. I'm 25 and have had my vette since I was 18. And I never took the attitude that you find nowadays. I was always just cool about it, hanging out in the back. Didn't need to prove anything to anyone. Having the car was enough. It spoke for itself (and still does!)

To IronCity
    Hey..you have the models..that's a start!

Celebrity's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2004
    People's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2010
    Blake Yager's MVC Award Winner - CruiseFest 2011

v| 1980
    ZZ4 Engine - Hooker Super Comp headers (ceramic coated) - 700R4 - Steeroids - VB&P Brake Kit - Torqlite 17" Wheels
    2003 Victory Vegas (1507cc / 92ci) - Stage 1 Performance Package - Arlen Ness Slashness Pipes...Gone but not forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by MaineShark View Post
    I could build a nuke in my basement. They are actually very simple devices. And we have uranium in NH. I could mine it and refine it and build one. The science is simple. The engineering not overly complex.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Originally posted by Evolution1980

Me, I'm happily somewhere in the middle. I'm 25 and have had my vette since I was 18. And I never took the attitude that you find nowadays. I was always just cool about it, hanging out in the back. Didn't need to prove anything to anyone. Having the car was enough. It spoke for itself (and still does!)

To IronCity
    Hey..you have the models..that's a start!
    Very well said!!

Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Corvette(s)
    1994 ZR-1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hi, Rob,
    I had no idea that you actually started this site. One heck of a job! I go to "the other site" also. In general, CAC is more technical and serious where the other is more of kidding around. If you want serious info, this is the site and yes-lets keep it that way.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Originally posted by vettaholic
    Hi, Rob,
    I had no idea that you actually started this site. One heck of a job! I go to "the other site" also. In general, CAC is more technical and serious where the other is more of kidding around. If you want serious info, this is the site and yes-lets keep it that way.
    Thanks. Yep. It started out a couple years ago as just a small New Hampshire based Corvette web site. We've come a long way.

Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792

sac001

Rob, I totally agree, this is the absolute best site around.

I must admit, when I first got my vette, then found this site, I was very timid about my first post. But after slinking around in the backgroud for a while, I realized that everyone was very polite and merely helped one another without passing judgement.

Although my knowledge of my corvette is limited, I have found myself in a position to be able to help others having similar problems that I had, and am happy to provide whatever help I can.

Thanks for a great site, and thanks to the many members who help keep it a great site.

Steve

Corvette(s)
    None
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I agree with everything said in this thread and would like to add a reminder that if you do post something and have regrets that it may be misunderstood or you may have overreacted , you can use the edit option and change or remove your own post .Cliff

August 2002:  Lend a Helping Hand
    Corvette(s)
    1981Dark Blue Metallic & 2004 conv. magnetic red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Rob and the rest of the gang

I'm very impressed with the organization of CAC, you folks did a great job with the options and forums. CAC is the primary web site that I venture to each day. The members have so much information to share and I have benefited from them many times over. :s :s :s

Thanks
    Chuck

Corvette(s)
    96 CE LT4 Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

As far as other sites. When I got my 88 three years ago the first site I found was Netvettes. There were (still are) some good people there. A big flame war started last year and a lot of the people just left, including me. That site has no moderator. I still check back now and then.

The next site I found was Corvetteforum. It has a lot of knowledgable people and a ton of helpfull information in the archives. I get the impression it is mostly about racing, modification, and go fast parts.

Then I came to the CAC. Very friendly site. The information available here about Corvette specs through the years is awsome.

Each site seems to have it's own personality. The people who make up the site give it that personality. I like to visit around here and there and talk to different people. That is what makes the internet a great tool.

If there are more Corvette sites out there I havent found them yet. Actually with as much time as I spend browsing I dont have much time left as it is.

primeratec5

Rob,

I am new to the site as well as a new (used) Corvette owner. I have asked several novice questions and have been very pleased with the volume(amount) and quality of answers. The members have been very supportive and have in a short time solved problems that dealer would have taken days to resolve, ie the 'C4's abiltiy to start some of the time and then not start the rest of the time.

Your comments were timely because one or two sites(threads) were getting out of hand. My Dad always said that if you wanted to learn something, keep your ears open and your mouth shut. Now in today's environment that would be translated in keeping your eyes open and sometimes your fingers off keyboard..................good job with site administration......I enjoy CAC!!!

les

Default Great job Rob,

My day would not be complete with out the CAC. I have met so many nice people here. There is no comparison between this forum and the other one. This forum is like family. Sometimes even family gets crossed up. No harm no foul.

August 2002:  Lend a Helping Hand 22229stingray81's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    1981 white/blue interior automatic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I think that this forum is an outstanding place and I want to thank all of you who have helped me on several occasions. These people take time out of there day to help you with your problem, why would you decide to argue and insult them? I have learned so much about vettes in my 3 years of owning my '81, and have gotten a loooot of help here on the forum. I remember when I just barely had my vette and I had a choke problem and I couldnt even find where my carburator was ( I know, I know, Ive learned) and you all were very patient with me and helped me through it (once you found out I was only 16). You could have easily called me an idiot, and refused to help, and that would have made me enjoy my vette less, but you didn't and thats what makes corvetteing more then a car, its a lifestyle, with wonderful people surrounding the hobby. Thanks again for all the kindness, and I hope to see this site go for years to come, next I need to know where my engine is, haha.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Originally posted by 22229stingray81
    I think that this forum is an outstanding place and I want to thank all of you who have helped me on several occasions. These people take time out of there day to help you with your problem, why would you decide to argue and insult them? I have learned so much about vettes in my 3 years of owning my '81, and have gotten a loooot of help here on the forum. I remember when I just barely had my vette and I had a choke problem and I couldnt even find where my carburator was ( I know, I know, Ive learned) and you all were very patient with me and helped me through it (once you found out I was only 16). You could have easily called me an idiot, and refused to help, and that would have made me enjoy my vette less, but you didn't and thats what makes corvetteing more then a car, its a lifestyle, with wonderful people surrounding the hobby. Thanks again for all the kindness, and I hope to see this site go for years to come, next I need to know where my engine is, haha.
    First of all, you guys have no idea how happy I am to hear the feedback you've given me in this thread. Based upon what you guys have said, it indicates to me that we are on the right path and that Corvette Action Center is moving ahead in the direction I had intended to move it. Corvette owners and enthusiasts helping one another through their own personal knowledge and the information we provide here. That's what it's all about.

As for what Tatortot said above, that is specifically why I decided to write about this topic for the Wheelspin column. We aren't all motorheads here. We're not all older adults who have lived through the high peformance era of the 50s and the 60s when carbs and "glass packs" ruled the pavement.

We sure as hell aren't getting any older, so who is going to carry on the torch after we're gone? Who will take care of the older Corvettes once we're gone? The younger generations of Corvette owners will....provided we teach them those things that may seem trivial to us, such as the location or identification of a carburetor. To some of us, that may sound funny, but to those who have no experience with older automobiles....it's a legitimate question.

So....keep that in mind....before you get ready to flame or laugh at someone who asks a general automotive question.....consider where they've been and what experiences or lack there of, they've had.

Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792

August 2002:  Lend a Helping Hand warren s's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    1999 Torch Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Rob

I have another perspective on this site. Aside from the basic love of all cars and Corvettes, I have my staff read posts from this site quite often.

I supervise the level 1 helpdesk for Fl**t bank. With all the tehnology out there one thing we never seem to get is cooperation. We have so many people working and or interested in the same field but with quite differnt levels of experiance and experiance. I often like to point out how almost total strangers seem to share information and help each other to the point of actually taking a drive to lend a hands on assist. If only other people that spend 8 hours a day with each other could do half as much..... So I think this site is a model of cooperation we all can learn from.

Its also a pleasure to meet people through the site (71Shark, Nut)among others. The other sites are also very good but have more of a bias towards racing and specific years.

Keep up the good work!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast