Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corvette(s)
    '98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Looks like Buctober is only one day long this year...

Arrgh!! What a miserable game...! Bumgarner turned into Bummergamer for Pirates fans... He had Pirate batters swinging a pitches that bounced a foot in front of the plate...! Of his ten strikeouts, I think half of them had to be put-outs at first base because the ball hit the ground...!

And when the Giants' lead-off batter in the first inning hit the ball to the warning track in center field, I immediately started thinking it was going to be a long night... Then when every subsequent batter (even those who got put out) hit Volquez hard, I knew it was just a matter of time... But I figured the Pirates would at least put up a fight... I guess they ran out of gas right after their first game against the Reds last week...

So the Pirates still have a monkey to get off their backs: how to get through the playoffs and back into the World Series... At least 36 years now -- and counting... Yeah, yeah, I know; Cubs fans are rolling their eyes right now and saying "Cry me a river..." In fairness, I really shouldn't complain too much; two straight playoff appearances with no World Series appearances is infinitely better than 20 straight losing seasons... Still, it's not much solace right now...

1998 Aztec Gold #15||| 2004 Millennium Yellow

Corvette(s)
    Carbon Flash CE 4LT GS Roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Corvette(s)
    1988 Bright Red Coupe and 2016 triple black vert.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

My condolances to the Bucs. I'm hoping my Cards have better luck against the Dodgers but they have had such a crazy year nothing would surprise me anymore.

Ron
    "Baldie88"

Born on date May 31, 1988. This car did one lap of Indy in May 2006 for opening day ceremonies. Member St. Louis Corvette Club. NCM Member Number 518453.

Corvette(s)
    2001 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by timfitz63 View Post
    Arrgh!! What a miserable game...! Bumgarner turned into Bummergamer for Pirates fans... He had Pirate batters swinging a pitches that bounced a foot in front of the plate...! Of his ten strikeouts, I think half of them had to be put-outs at first base because the ball hit the ground...!

And when the Giants' lead-off batter in the first inning hit the ball to the warning track in center field, I immediately started thinking it was going to be a long night... Then when every subsequent batter (even those who got put out) hit Volquez hard, I knew it was just a matter of time... But I figured the Pirates would at least put up a fight... I guess they ran out of gas right after their first game against the Reds last week...

So the Pirates still have a monkey to get off their backs: how to get through the playoffs and back into the World Series... At least 36 years now -- and counting... Yeah, yeah, I know; Cubs fans are rolling their eyes right now and saying "Cry me a river..." In fairness, I really shouldn't complain too much; two straight playoff appearances with no World Series appearances is infinitely better than 20 straight losing seasons... Still, it's not much solace right now...
    Sorry bout your Bucs, I definitely didn't want to see McCutchen come to DC and kill my Nats. Just hoping my Nats can stay on fire through the playoffs.

Corvette(s)
    '98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Baldie88 View Post
    My condolances to the Bucs. I'm hoping my Cards have better luck against the Dodgers but they have had such a crazy year nothing would surprise me anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    Sorry bout your Bucs, I definitely didn't want to see McCutchen come to DC and kill my Nats. Just hoping my Nats can stay on fire through the playoffs.
    Thanks, guys. Frankly (and without going into the details), it's been that kind of year for me... I was hoping to salvage some kind of vicarious dignity and joy for 2014 through the Pirates, but I guess that's not going to happen either... At least they could have made it a game...

Well, good luck to your Cards, Ron. And to your Nationals as well, "Otter." Right now the only team I don't want to see in the World Series is the Giants... I think I'm going to root for the other underdogs (the Royals); I used to live in Lawrence, KS, so the Royals are about the only other team left in the playoffs to which I even have a loose connection...

1998 Aztec Gold #15||| 2004 Millennium Yellow

Corvette(s)
    2001 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Rooting for the Royals in the AL too, have always liked them since the Brett days, and love watching them play 'small' ball.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12