Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    1979 L82, 1987 Buick Grand National
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default What's the deal with signatures?

Sometimes my signature appears at the bottom of my posts. Sometimes it doesn't. What gives?

Obviously, it has to do with the box being checked or not, but why do some forums default to showing it and others to not showing it?

Joe

What's the deal with signatures? MsSchroder's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    2002 Yellow Z06 (sold); 1999 Pewter FRC (sold)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Until recently, I believe the default was checked, always.

I didn't realize some forums defaulted on and other off though.
    I have noticed that Quick Reply defaults to checked, but regular Reply defaults to unchecked.

Corvette(s)
    '73 Silver LS4 4 speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I believe it also will appear only once per page, regardless.

What's the deal with signatures? Bob Chadwick's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    2017 Arctic White Grand Sport
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by KOPBET
    I believe it also will appear only once per page, regardless.
    That's a fact Jack.

Actually I think it is once per thread.

Corvette(s)
    '73 Silver LS4 4 speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by bobchad
    That's a fact Jack.

Actually I think it is once per thread.
    Actually I think it is once per page.

What's the deal with signatures? Erik S. Klein's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    1972 LT-1/Air coupe w/all options
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

It's once per page, but no matter how you check the box in your profile, your posts (other then quick reply) will always default to no sig. . .

I think Rob is trying to save bandwidth. I can't say as I blame him!
    Erik S. Klein
    NCRS Member #: 11661
    Corvettes Anonymous Charter Member 003

All Options 1972 LT-1 Air Coupe

Corvette(s)
    1979 L82, 1987 Buick Grand National
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I dunno what the deal is, but it may be fixed... my sig appears now, in any forum I've tried.

Joe

Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I believe that I have it set where signature appear when you start a new thread, and if you reply using the Quick Reply box....something I need to change. Any other time, when replying to a thread, you need to check the box to include your signature.
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Corvette(s)
    2003 Z06, 50th anniv, Millenium Yellow
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Yes, I too have the perplexing signature problem. I am wondering why they just don't allow signatures all the time? Perhaps because people place pictures of their car and their database and system can't handle it? As mentioned a possible bandwidth issue. This forum does seem to execute very fast and effectively. On the other hand, perhaps Rob can allow up to say five lines of signature text and NO graphics, smileys, etc. That might be a good compromise. Now, lets see if my signature appears below.

Craig
    It is so great having a fast car; and even greater when you don't have to prove it.

Wave me BABY!

MODS: Halltech cold-air intake, shortie antenna, 2004 Z06 shocks, Ecklers Z06 embroidered trunk partition, CAGS defeat, 50th exhaust plate, Lowered via factory adjust per Z06 video, special "West End" alignment for even more responsive handling, Custom Predator tune from John Mangs at Diablo Sport, MGW pistol grip shift knob, MGW emergency brake handle, two-tone (Bla/Yel) shift boot, e-brake boot and console cover, Aluminum gauge bezels, Brembo zinc plated drilled and slotted rotors, Delco ceramic brake pads.

http://photos.yahoo.com/ceborden

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Z06ADCT
    Yes, I too have the perplexing signature problem. I am wondering why they just don't allow signatures all the time? Perhaps because people place pictures of their car and their database and system can't handle it? As mentioned a possible bandwidth issue. This forum does seem to execute very fast and effectively. On the other hand, perhaps Rob can allow up to say five lines of signature text and NO graphics, smileys, etc. That might be a good compromise. Now, lets see if my signature appears below.

Craig
    Trying again to check signature. I clicked on the "Show your signature" box below and hit the lower submit reply button.

Craig

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Trying again to check signature. I clicked on the "Show your signature" box below and hit the lower submit reply button.

Craig
    No signature appears now. Clicked the show sig box and this time hit the upper submit button.

Craig
    It is so great having a fast car; and even greater when you don't have to prove it.

Wave me BABY!

MODS: Halltech cold-air intake, shortie antenna, 2004 Z06 shocks, Ecklers Z06 embroidered trunk partition, CAGS defeat, 50th exhaust plate, Lowered via factory adjust per Z06 video, special "West End" alignment for even more responsive handling, Custom Predator tune from John Mangs at Diablo Sport, MGW pistol grip shift knob, MGW emergency brake handle, two-tone (Bla/Yel) shift boot, e-brake boot and console cover, Aluminum gauge bezels, Brembo zinc plated drilled and slotted rotors, Delco ceramic brake pads.

What's the deal with signatures? Tuna's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th vert - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

There is an 'option' under your personal setting to turn off the display of signatures all together. That is my setting. With a forum of this size and the every increasing size of 'signatures', I sat my control panel option to not show any signatures. My own personal signature is rather short for those that want to see it - unless I turn it off as I did for this post.

78SilvAnniv

Z06ADCT, a sig shows in post #9 (no pic, just a cute saying). I believe sigs will only show up once either per thread or per page. I'm not sure which. Anyway, since a sig showed up in #9, no other sigs will show in this thread.

Check your sig pic in the Proving Grounds Forum, that is what that forum is for, and if you have trouble...we'll try to help you out.
    Heidi

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by 78SilvAnniv
    Z06ADCT, a sig shows in post #9 (no pic, just a cute saying). I believe sigs will only show up once either per thread or per page. I'm not sure which. Anyway, since a sig showed up in #9, no other sigs will show in this thread.

Check your sig pic in the Proving Grounds Forum, that is what that forum is for, and if you have trouble...we'll try to help you out.
    Heidi
    Heidi, I do not have a picture in my signature. Only my saying. The funny thing is that I can see the signature "text" in the "Preview Post" option, but when it does get posted, it does not show.

Craig

Wave me BABY!

78SilvAnniv

Heidi, I do not have a picture in my signature. Only my saying. The funny thing is that I can see the signature "text" in the "Preview Post" option, but when it does get posted, it does not show.

Craig
    In every thread you post in and select your sig pic, or just this thread (posts #9, 10 and 11) where the sig only shows up in #9?

If you have already posted and selected your sig pic, it will only show once per thread/page no matter how many times you select the pic to show in the same thread.
    An example is this thread, where your sig showed in #9, but not in #s 10 and 11, even though you certainly selected the sig to show.
    Heidi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast