Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    2003 Z06, 50th anniv, Millenium Yellow
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by 78SilvAnniv
    In every thread you post in and select your sig pic, or just this thread (posts #9, 10 and 11) where the sig only shows up in #9?

If you have already posted and selected your sig pic, it will only show once per thread/page no matter how many times you select the pic to show in the same thread.
    An example is this thread, where your sig showed in #9, but not in #s 10 and 11, even though you certainly selected the sig to show.
    Heidi
    Sorry for the miscommunication. I am NOT trying to post a pic in my sig. I am simply trying to get my signature to show. If it only shows once per thread, so be it. I was pointing out that befire I submit my reply, I can select the "Preview Post" button and see the signature, but when it posts, It does not show.

Craig

Corvette(s)
    1981 UL5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Craig,

As you figured out, and others have stated here... Signatures, be they photo's and text, just photo's or just text will only appear once per page. Your comment about some folks having signatures with photo's and a database is not that uncommon at a lot of other sites, here our members must be a bit more respectful, or at least a majority, because we don't have that many members with signatures longer than their response's...

I don't know all the software issues to get our VBcode to select 3 or 4 lines of text over photo's for multilple signatures in a thread, I do know that I don't have that kind of talent..

I ran a test up in the proving grounds forum, It confirms the multiple signature thing... I could see my signature when selected, and previewed, but it would not post after the first time.

I know from my perspective, I prefer our setup to other sites, you see I'm not only a dino... but I'm still on Dail Up and probably will be for sometime.. I actually HATE computer changes/upgrades and computers in general

Bud

Corvette(s)
    1996 Roadster CE/LT4/F45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I am "so" happy I stumbled across this thread! I am a new member and I mucked around making a "signature" and was pleasantly suprised when it appeared in my first post! And then it did not appear. ...and then it did and then it did not....and then I redid it and messed around and still it did not appear then I took it out on my friend and then I took it out on my computer and "then" I stumbled across this thread and I understood....The signature shows up sometimes--maybe once each page---maybe once each thread, but not to worry because it happens to others as well and now I can go back to pretending I am busy in my office. p.s.(I left out my signature on purpose!).

Corvette(s)
    2003 Z06, 50th anniv, Millenium Yellow
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Guy
    I am "so" happy I stumbled across this thread! I am a new member and I mucked around making a "signature" and was pleasantly suprised when it appeared in my first post! And then it did not appear. ...and then it did and then it did not....and then I redid it and messed around and still it did not appear then I took it out on my friend and then I took it out on my computer and "then" I stumbled across this thread and I understood....The signature shows up sometimes--maybe once each page---maybe once each thread, but not to worry because it happens to others as well and now I can go back to pretending I am busy in my office. p.s.(I left out my signature on purpose!).
    Welcome to the CAC! I too was perplexed with signatures. Hopefully Rob will keep this thread for others to read. I don't really know how often they clean up old dead threads.

Craig
    It is so great having a fast car; and even greater when you don't have to prove it.

Wave me BABY!

MODS: Halltech cold-air intake, shortie antenna, 2004 Z06 shocks, Ecklers Z06 embroidered trunk partition, CAGS defeat, 50th exhaust plate, Lowered via factory adjust per Z06 video, special "West End" alignment for even more responsive handling, Custom Predator tune from John Mangs at Diablo Sport, MGW pistol grip shift knob, MGW emergency brake handle, two-tone (Bla/Yel) shift boot, e-brake boot and console cover, Aluminum gauge bezels, Brembo zinc plated drilled and slotted rotors, Delco ceramic brake pads.

http://photos.yahoo.com/ceborden

Her 92

I'm glad I found this thread too. In fact I came looking for it! I was getting rather frustrated with my signature not posting in another thread although I was checking for the signature to post. I didn't know what was going on! If I couldn't find an answer in the forums, I was going to make a post to ask about it. Thanks for keeping this thread open. I know I haven't been posting much lately. I've been helping develop a web site for our local exotic bird club. If ya'll would like to take a look at it, it's located at http://www.trianglebirdclub.org By the way I'm adding my signature to this post.

Hugs,

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'm trying to load this sig pic but even when I downsize to fit file limit I get error codes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

It would be better at 80K but...

Corvette(s)
    1981 UL5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

hmmm it should work using the photo below... RIGHT click the phote below and save the url and copy it into your siganture [/url] with IMG bracketed [ ] in front of the http: and /IMG bracketed after the number..

If you need help let me know I can insert it for you..

Bud

Corvette(s)
    2013 Cyber Grey Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Just trying a new sig pic.
    There Is No Cure
    But There Is

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Well, that didn't work. How do I get the pic Vs the link?

Tom

Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I fixed it for you. You need to use [img] instead of [url]
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks Rob.

Tammy hosted that pic and sent me the link. If I have a pic posted elsewhere and use it's link with [img] would it then become the sig?

Also, is that how you get a pic into the body of the post?

Tom

What's the deal with signatures? MsSchroder's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    2002 Yellow Z06 (sold); 1999 Pewter FRC (sold)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by MM-C5
    Thanks Rob.

Tammy hosted that pic and sent me the link. If I have a pic posted elsewhere and use it's link with [img] would it then become the sig?

Also, is that how you get a pic into the body of the post?

Tom
    Yes on both counts, as long as the site that hosts it allows remote linking.
    The easiest way to get your pic into the body of a post is to click the image icon, then paste the complete url (link) into the dialog box that comes up. Delete the http:// that comes up in the dialog box when you first click.

Tammy

Corvette(s)
    1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

So what did I miss here.

Some how I keep posting my signature in my post, I am sure everybody is tired of it. I went to my conttrol panel and shut off the sig thing but with the sig thing off I just dont see other peiople sigs (I think)

Is there away to set mine so it always defaults to not showing my sig and when I want to show it on a post I overide the standard setting of off?

Corvette(s)
    1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

just a test to see if it comes up again

EDIT
    And it does

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast