• Where can I find, How do I retrieve the Text from my Auto Saved Post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Where can I find, How do I retrieve the Text from my Auto Saved Post.

Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant weekend. I notice that as I'm writing a post that the post gets Auto Saved. How does one find/retrieve the Auto Saved text from the post?

John

PS. I did search the FAQ and entire forum with no luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

John, that is a great question! Unfortunately, I can't answer that. I'm thinking that Rob might be the only one who can. Maybe he'll see this and give you an answer.
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe Cashmere/black interior

2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY) 2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    2008 CruiseFest Attendee (Cleveland, OH)
    2010 Cruisefest Attendee(Effingham, IL)
    2011 CruiseFest Attendee(Effingham
    , IL)

Formerly owned Corvettes: 1964 coupe, 1994 coupe, 2001 coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Omgwow! That photo is awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toms007 View Post
    John, that is a great question! Unfortunately, I can't answer that. I'm thinking that Rob might be the only one who can. Maybe he'll see this and give you an answer.
    Ok! That's Cool! Thanks!

But what about that photo. It's Amazing! I'm a USCG Vet. I'm big about flying the Flag. When I was growing up in Brooklyn during the 60s & 70s, and going to grammar school, every class room had a picture of George Washington on the wall, and a Flag in the corner, for in the morning when I would put my hand over my heart and say the Pledge of Allegiance. That's All I gotta' say.

Jeeze! That Plane is Neat as... uhh... something really Neat! How'd you mock up that photo shoot?! But that Corvette is Hot! That color combination is fantastic. Probably not many of them like that. I don't have to ask, because I'm pretty damn sure it hauls ass. Chevy ain't selling Sports Cars, they're selling Race Cars, to the general public, and a car that Mom can use to go to the store, or drive over to the nearest track and take it for a spin at 200 mph.

I wasn't sure what Cashmere / Black looked like so I went to eBay, first car I looked at...

Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Loaded 3Lt Package | eBay
    I'm going to buy it the minute my disability check arrives...

John

PS. As I'm writing all of the above, that little yellow cloud pops up in the lower right of the screen that says "Auto Saved".

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Gee, thanks for the compliments on my car. As for the photo shoot...our local community has, what they call, "Run, Drive and Fly" which includes a walk/run 5k, a car show (really a cruise in) and a fly in. It's held at the local airport. These pictures were taken last year and this is one of the planes that flew in for the show. At one point, I asked if I could get some pictures of the plane with my car and he said "Sure, no problem." I took advantage of the opportunity. Some of my favorite shots of my car. As far as the color combo, it was the exact combo I was searching for when I decided to move to the C6. Found several, but this one was within 5 hours of me and the PO (previous owner) had made some tasteful changes, that I probably would have done anyway. And as far as how it runs, it goes faster than I care to drive it. I can't imagine having 500+ hp at my foot. 400 is plenty (not that I would turn down more ).

2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY) 2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    , IL)

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

The auto saved text is saved in the database, but can't manually be retrieved.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Thanks Toms007 thanked for this post
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The auto saved text is saved in the database, but can't manually be retrieved.
    And there is the answer! Thanks Rob.

, IL)

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Help with auto saving and retrieving text

I am now using "Revealer Keylogger Free" (you can Google it for the download site). The program runs in the background and saves ALL your keystrokes. Another great program for saving your hard work on the fly is "ClipX". It's a clipboard database that saves all your copies, cuts, etc... even bitmaps, photos, like in your text or signature, or whatever... runs in the systray, just click on it to retrieve anything you selected and cut, or copied, etc... periodically, you can 'copy' your work as you go along, and then if it gets wrecked, you can easily retrieve it from ClipX, lickety-split. Hope this helps someone. It really sux to lose tons of typing, hours of work, have it disappear, unretrievable, ughhh!

Cheers!

Johnny
    Likes Tom Bryant liked this post