• Corvette Quarterly Magazine Going on Hiatus
  • Corvette Quarterly Magazine Going on Hiatus

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Corvette Quarterly Magazine Going on Hiatus

Corvette Quarterly, General Motors' official publication for Corvette owners, is apparently going through some changes. According to a posting at the top of the magazine's web site, the publisher will not be printing spring or summer editions. The official quote:

Because we value the readers of Corvette Quarterly, we are taking some time to make Corvette Quarterly the best source of Corvette news available. As part of this process, we will not publish our spring and summer issues for 2009. But please check the website often to find the latest news on Corvette and information on the magazine.

Thank you! Your Corvette Quarterly Team
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

We contacted Jerry Burton at Corvette Quarterly about this and here's what he had to say:

Hi Rob,
    While economics are certainly an issue with everything at GM these days, Chevrolet feels it's wise at this point in time to use the research to determine the best way to move forward on communicating news and information about the Corvette. So we encourage everyone to fill out the survey. A decision on where to go from here will come out of that research.
    Thanks,
    Jerry Burton

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Rob,
    When I bought my 07, I recieved a free 3year subscription to Corvette Quarterly. I recieved a letter in the mail yesterday, from Corvette Quarterly, stating basically what you have posted but also including a website to take a survey. I haven't done that yet, so I can't tell you what it's about.
    I'll post again when I take the survey. I take it as the survey is for them to better the magazine??

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I paid for my subscription and already got a $30.00 rebate check from them, pretty decent in my opinion.
    Master Technician

25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

22+ year Honda Master Tech

Corvette Quarterly Magazine Going on Hiatus Patrick's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
    I'll post again when I take the survey. I take it as the survey is for them to better the magazine??

Chris
    Chris,
    I too got a free three year subscription, and received the letter from CQ over the weekend. I believe the survey is intended to get reader preferences on things like appropriate amount and placement of advertising, a print publication, and email publication, or a website, and what types of articles readers would most like to see.

That said, be prepared for what seems like a non-sequitor from the people hosting the survey form itself. They ask what kind of car you drive (I guess this is because a certain amount of subscribers may not actually be Corvette owners), and then ask you questions like how frequently you visit GM/Chevrolet dealerships for service on your Corvette, and how frequently you take you Corvette to have the tires rotated.

CQ probably should have read over that survey a little more carefully.

-Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

What's the problem - I just had my tires rotated but it rides kinda funny now that i think of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by njlouc View Post
    What's the problem - I just had my tires rotated but it rides kinda funny now that i think of it?
    Yeah mine too....sits a little high in front now....

Patrick, thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Corvette Quarterly: Retooling or headed for junkyard?

Los Angeles Times

Corvette owners will have one less place to read about their favorite car — at least for the next six months.

Corvette Quarterly, the in-house magazine aimed at fans of the iconic Chevrolet sports car, recently told readers it would not publish its spring and summer issues.

According to a message on the magazine’s website, “we are taking some time to make Corvette Quarterly the best source of Corvette news available.”

That hinted that the magazine, which claims a circulation of 250,000, could return some day. But given the financial woes facing Chevy’s parent General Motors, some Corvette fans were concerned that Corvette Quarterly may never return, or that if it does, it would be only as an online publication.

New Corvette buyers got the magazine free for three years. Other enthusiasts paid $33.95 for a three-year subscription. GM sent refunds to paying subscribers — another clue that the hard-copy CQ may be an endangered species.

Its demise wouldn’t be lamented by all Corvette buffs. Noland Adams, a Corvette expert and former president of the Solid Axle Corvette Club in North Highlands, Calif., said the magazine appealed mainly to owners of newer Corvette models, not the classics that Adams and his colleagues prefer.

“It’s mostly news about the new Corvettes. That’s what they’re interested in publicizing,” Noland said. “To my group, Corvette Quarterly is kind of a lost cause.”

-- Martin Zimmerman
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu