$projecthp
  • New member with a question
  • New member with a question
  • New member with a question
  • New member with a question

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default New member with a question

    Hello, First of all Thankyou for excepting me as a member. Now I need to jump right in with a concern. While driving around in my 92 I let off the clutch to fast and stalled the engine. I could not get it started again without a jump. It started immediately. The rest of the day the volt gauge was on the low side (close to 8) and felt like it would stall again if I didn’t keep tapping the gas pedal. It also flashed two lights on the info center (ASR and ABS) just before it felt like it would stall. I put it in the garage and hooked on the battery tender for 24 hours. Since then it has started immediately with no trouble but I have not taken it out for a run yet. Should I be watching out for anything that might show me what the problem was or is?

  2. #2
    Member LLC5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wa.
    Posts
    2,284
    Corvette(s)
    98 black 6spd convert.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulejr View Post
    Hello, First of all Thankyou for excepting me as a member. Now I need to jump right in with a concern. While driving around in my 92 I let off the clutch to fast and stalled the engine. I could not get it started again without a jump. It started immediately. The rest of the day the volt gauge was on the low side (close to 8) and felt like it would stall again if I didn’t keep tapping the gas pedal. It also flashed two lights on the info center (ASR and ABS) just before it felt like it would stall. I put it in the garage and hooked on the battery tender for 24 hours. Since then it has started immediately with no trouble but I have not taken it out for a run yet. Should I be watching out for anything that might show me what the problem was or is?

    8V is barely runnable, your real lucky. Have your charging system and battery checked, make sure that your battery is load tested with a carbon pile tester. Your charging voltage (with the engine running) should be in the 13.2V -14.5V range.
    Master Technician

    25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

    22+ year Honda Master Tech
    Likes vett boy liked this post

  3. #3
    Site Administrator Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    "Manchestah" NH
    Posts
    13,219
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    1

    Default

    Welcome to the Corvette Action Center


    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

  4. #4
    Member jrose7004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    8,590
    Corvette(s)
    10 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Welcome to the CAC!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S-NJ
    Posts
    304
    Corvette(s)
    93 Ruby Aniv roadster/6spd
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Welcome,I was born & raised in Philly. The house I was born in Became part of I-95.
    Currently 93 Ruby 40th Anniversary Roadster/6 SPD

    Previous 58,68,70,76,78,85,90

  6. #6
    Member vett boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NH ,ME,FL,MS
    Posts
    3,028
    Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayback View Post
    . The house I was born in Became part of I-95.
    Wow I run over your house two or three times a year .


    Welcome Paul ,

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S-NJ
    Posts
    304
    Corvette(s)
    93 Ruby Aniv roadster/6spd
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
    Wow I run over your house two or three times a year .
    The power plant used in the transformers movie was in my back yard basically & still in operation when I livered there.Going North on 95 its just past the Allegheny Ave exit to the right. but before the Betsy Ross bridge exit.

    YouTube
    Currently 93 Ruby 40th Anniversary Roadster/6 SPD

    Previous 58,68,70,76,78,85,90

Similar Threads

  1. New member question
    By WhalePirot in forum C3 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-13, 05:45 PM
  2. New Member with a Question
    By Enricor99 in forum L81 Vette Registry Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 05:20 AM
  3. new member-Probably an old question
    By Kenney in forum Factory Correct Resto. -- NCRS
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-09-04, 08:07 AM
  4. new member-Probably an old question
    By Kenney in forum C4 General Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-09-04, 08:07 AM
  5. New member and C5 question...
    By Gorgon in forum C5 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-30-02, 11:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •