Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    trespasser8

Thanks for the welcome Hecox!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome to the C.A.C.
    I'm right around the corner in sunny Cheektowaga so hope to see you on the road. Don't forget to WAVE!!!!

trespasser8

Thanks Booie, my son lives in Cheektowaga, I'll keep an eye out!

New Guy in New York hoosierdaddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER trespasser8 glad you've joined us. As far as the parts/service manual for your 2000 they are available on line somewhere you can bank on that! What about having your tire broken down and patched from the inside, is that an option? Runflats are rough riding and more road noise from them esspecially on concrete but I've got to have them; without a spare there is not a lot of options in my book I've said it beofore and I'll say it again; I can live with the noise and the rougher ride for the added security of runflats

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Chet.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

trespasser8

Thanks for the welcome hoosierdaddy! That is how my tire was repaired. I would
    probably prefer the security of the runflats also but I have 4 new tires I need to run
    through first! I have found a few manuals, just trying to avoid paying full price...

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome to the CAC, Chet.

There are a fair number of people who've converted to non-RFTs. Some choose to carry an inflation kit. The once GM put in C5 Z06es is good, but it's expensive. Conti also makes one which Tire Rack sells.

As for plugging radial tires....don't do it. It's unsafe and few radial tire manufacturers approve it.

The only safe way to repair a radial tire is by patching from the inside.

Parts data for C5s are not available in book form. The factory service manuals are available from vendors such as, CAC sponsor, Zip Products.

trespasser8

Thank You for the welcome Hib. My tire was repaired as you described so I should be
    OK. I now have repair kit, compressor, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by trespasser8 View Post
    probably prefer the security of the runflats also but I have 4 new tires I need to run
    through first! I have found a few manuals, just trying to avoid paying full price...
    i just paid somewhere around $75.00 for my FSM for my 84 and it came as a reproduction in looseleaf form... you would think for that kinda money they could put it in a binder

New Guy in New York hoosierdaddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by trespasser8 View Post

I hear ya my man

Bill
    President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."
    "Defend Those That Defended Us"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12