$projecthp
  • New Members: Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default HI all !

Just joined and thought that anyone that has a vet with a Delco Bose sound system might know if I am on the right track here with my thoughts on adding an INPUT. here we go .
    Using a closed circuit 1/8 stereo plug I am splicing the LH & RH signal wires from the (non-existant) compact disc changer. SIMPLE RIGHT ??? but do I need to show a current draw ( say by adding a 5V USB port) to make the stereo active the AUX button the second time it is pushed? I know people have spent a lot of money and compromized their great sound but add cheap POS's to by pass the bose sound conditioner. any one here an electronics engineer? HELP PLEASE. I think I have found a very simple solution to not having an aux input.
    Last edited by Hawkeyejr; 04-16-14 at 07:33 PM.

Corvette(s)
    2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyejr View Post
    Just joined and thought that anyone that has a vet with a Delco Bose sound system might know if I am on the right track here with my thoughts on adding an INPUT. here we go .
    Using a closed circuit 1/8 stereo plug I am splicing the LH & RH signal wires from the (non-existant) compact disc changer. SIMPLE RIGHT ??? but do I need to show a current draw ( say by adding a 5V USB port) to make the stereo active the AUX button the second time it is pushed? I know people have spent a lot of money and compromized their great sound but add cheap POS's to by pass the bose sound conditioner. any one here an electronics engineer? HELP PLEASE. I think I have found a very simple solution to not having an aux input.
    First of all let me be among the first to welcoming you to the group, we're glad to have you! As far as your question you've lost me for sure! Are you trying to hook up another source to the factory radio?

-Bill
    President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."
    "Defend Those That Defended Us"

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
    First of all let me be among the first to welcoming you to the group, we're glad to have you! As far as your question you've lost me for sure! Are you trying to hook up another source to the factory radio?

-Bill
    Yes and to enable anyone else that would like to keep the factory (Delco/BOSE) sound system in their pre-2005 corvette; but upgrade that system with an AUX(1/8" stereo plug) port to play "their" music from memory device. Was hoping that an electronics engineer might hit on this "IDEA" that I have (I am but a simple disabled automotive technician), I will post the results as I continue the installation "experiments". And possible patent the device that would simple piggy-back into the main wire harness of the factory stereo.
    What ever the results if it works there will be a USB charging port with an AUX. INPUT that become "active" when the CD/AUX (or in the case of a tape deck TAPE/AUX) button is pushed twice, and would not interfere with the 12 disc changer (if installed) as long as the added AUX INPUT post is removed from the plug( i.e. "unplugged"). Oh and thanks for the welcome "POPS" LOL
    Last edited by Hawkeyejr; 04-16-14 at 07:34 PM. Reason: forgot the thanks

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Sounds good and interesting!!! Do keep us posted!

-Bill
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."

Corvette(s)
    2003 Anniversary Special Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Long Time Vette LOVER-First Time Owner

I am very proud to FINALLY be an owner of a 2003 50th Anniversay Special Coupe. It has long been a passion of mine to be a Vette owner some time in my life. From the time I slipped into the passenger seat of my uncle's 1967 Stingray Convertible at the dealer for the ride home until now, the Vette has always been on my mind. It took me a while but I needed to raise my family first. Now that they are adults, it is time for Mom and me to have a little fun. I look forward to learning all I can from this site on how to care for my new girl.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Welcome to Corvette Action Center and Congratulations

Welcome aboard and congratulations on you Corvette ownership! You will never be the same again, you will stand tall once you got off the ground from getting out of it , lol, the smile you have is permanent and will not wipe off! Remember to wave when you pass another Corvette owner, one of the rules

-Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hello everybody Corvette Man here its sole awesome to be a part of this if I can help anybody let me know and if I need help I'll let you know thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Has anybody tried to put a c6 navigation system and their c5 if so how hard was it thank you --John

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Welcome aboard corvetteman, glad you've joined us We do like pictures when you get a chance

-Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I sure will buddy and thank you

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ccorvetteman View Post
    Has anybody tried to put a c6 navigation system and their c5 if so how hard was it thank you --John
    Did you purchase one already, bet they're not cheap; and will it fit in the same space as the OEM radio or not? Has to have some kind of an antenna I assume as well! I would think it would take quite a bit of work to make it look like a factory set up, if it's even possible Betting you would have a considerable amount of modification to make it look right

-Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

No I haven't did it yet I was just thinking about it I like how it looks so clean but I'm just doing some research before I spend that kind of money

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

No I haven't did it yet I was just thinking about it I like how it looks so clean but I'm just doing some research before I spend that kind of money
    What do they cost; do you know yet? Sounds like not knowing much or anything about but lot of work, might be easier and cheaper to buy a C-6,

-Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Lol!!! They cost $1000 a little cheaper than the c6 lol

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Lol!!! They cost $1000 a little cheaper than the c6 lol
    Thar's not real bad! Spent more than that on beer🍺

-Bill

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast