$projecthp
  • New Members: Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default New member

Hi all, I've been checking out the forums a bit and I'm looking forward to picking everyone's brain. I've got a bit of a mystery about the engine in my '72. Here's to getting to know you all better.

Corvette(s)
    2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Quote Originally Posted by Rlockyer View Post
    Hi all, I've been checking out the forums a bit and I'm looking forward to picking everyone's brain. I've got a bit of a mystery about the engine in my '72. Here's to getting to know you all better.
    Welcome aboard glad you have joined us, we all love Corvettes and want to see a picture of your 1972

By the way I have been looking for a 1972 LT-1; is yours?

-Bill
    President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."
    "Defend Those That Defended Us"

Corvette(s)
    2015 Z06 Callaway White, 1967 Corvette RestoRod
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome to the Forum.
    Hope you get an answer to your engine question.

NCM Lifetime Member

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks!
    I think I've attached a picture. Sorry Hoosierdaddy…not an LT1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corvette(s)
    2008 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default New Member

Thanks for allowing me to join your forum. I purchased a 2008 Z06 last April 2013.
    I have owned several muscle/ sport cars over the past 35 years and finally bought my first Corvette. I have some concerns although it has just 11k miles on the odometer. Nothing major. Maybe 4 - 8k for new valves/guides and or heads and cam. Hehe on the "nothing major". I didn't know about the "potential" valve problem on the LS7 when I bought it.
    It is covered in the garage as we have quite a bit of snow still on the ground. I will post photos this spring. I am waiting for new wheels and tires 295 front 345 rears on 20" 360 Mesh 8's. I'll wait to take pictures with the new shoes. I'll keep the stock chrome wheels .....just in case?
    I won't make any mods that can't be reversed by the next owner. That being said I plan on keeping this for as long as I can get in and out of it!

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Rlockyer View Post
    Thanks!
    I think I've attached a picture. Sorry Hoosierdaddy…not an LT1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey she is still looking good and standing tall and red! Red is suppose to be worth another $1k I've alsways heard You still got the chrome bumpers front and rear pretty rare to see these days

-Bill
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks for allowing me to join your forum. I purchased a 2008 Z06 last April 2013.
    I have owned several muscle/ sport cars over the past 35 years and finally bought my first Corvette.
    You will never be the same now that you're a Corvette owner rest assured, wear it proudly and treat her nice Also let me welcome you to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER we're certainly glad you decided to join the group, the more the merrier. We just love Corvette's of all year/make/model and the people who own and drive them. No other car on the road like a Vette, you will not be able to wipe that off your face it's permanent when you in it and even around it. ENJOY the ride and don't forget the wave

-Bill

Corvette(s)
    2003 Corvette Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by KarlM100 View Post
    I have owned several muscle/ sport cars over the past 35 years and finally bought my first Corvette. I have some concerns although it has just 11k miles on the odometer. Nothing major. Maybe 4 - 8k for new valves/guides and or heads and cam. Hehe on the "nothing major". I didn't know about the "potential" valve problem on the LS7 when I bought it.
    It is covered in the garage as we have quite a bit of snow still on the ground. I will post photos this spring. I am waiting for new wheels and tires 295 front 345 rears on 20" 360 Mesh 8's. I'll wait to take pictures with the new shoes. I'll keep the stock chrome wheels .....just in case?
    I won't make any mods that can't be reversed by the next owner. That being said I plan on keeping this for as long as I can get in and out of it!
    Welcome to the forum. I know it bites to have a vette and live up north. Where up north are you from?
    I am In Venice Fl where it will be a cold 78 degrees today. You can always bring your car down here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails e3c92030-d35b-4f98-90a6-b538e4805c25_11_800600-1-jpg   e3c92030-d35b-4f98-90a6-b538e4805c25_14_800600-1-jpg   e3c92030-d35b-4f98-90a6-b538e4805c25_17_800600-1-jpg   e3c92030-d35b-4f98-90a6-b538e4805c25_5_800600-1-jpg   e3c92030-d35b-4f98-90a6-b538e4805c25_2_800600-1-jpg  

Corvette(s)
    2008 Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default More Snow

Thanks Duke, I am in Kennett Square PA., south eastern part of the state. We are expecting another 6-10" snow today. I have a new set of sneakers being delivered on Tuesday. I have an appointment for new heads and tune for the end of March. This is the first winter I can remember that all my repair / upgrades are not being rushed for spring. I am not to sure when that (Spring) will actually happen!!!!
    if it was possible I would be in Florida now! Thanks for the invite!

QUOTE=DukeOfEarl;1146202]Welcome to the forum. I know it bites to have a vette and live up north. Where up north are you from?
    I am In Venice Fl where it will be a cold 78 degrees today. You can always bring your car down here.[/QUOTE]

JapanL81

Default New member

Hey guys,

New to the forums, I have an 81 red on red numbers matching( not for long though) i am in Japan and when i return to the US in a couple years i intend to go the 383 route. I currently have replaced the floor pan and rhino linned the undercarage. She has a issue idleing i fear it might be the carb, parts arent easy to find here in japan or even techs that understand carbs. She is currently gutted with no interior but i have an entire room stocked with new parts including new T tops as the old ones have a small crack. Is there anyway to post videos on this site to show start up, idle etc to make it easier to explain some of my issue? the vette is in good condition but i need to work out some small hickups. i will post some pics once i figure out this picture thing.

thanks alot enjoying the forums and the support i see this site gives to fellow owners.

Nate

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Welcome to the group we're glad you've joined us

-Bill

Corvette(s)
    1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome to all of our new members. I hope that we all see a little spring very soon.

Nate'

Check out the L81 sub forum. Lots of info there on your car.

Tom
    NCRS 1360.............SACC 2082.............C1 Registry..............L81 Registry
    1959 Chevrolet Corvette 1981 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 L81 automatic Frost Beige

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Newbie. Owner of 94 --- haste maketh waste!

Adopted a 1994 White Corvette last July. Pure joy until it wouldn't start the other morning. Did jump her, and she started. Decided to put a new battery
    In. I didn't have tools to remove quarter panel to get access. Hurried and made huge blunder with jumper cables. Didnt see that Rubber insulation wore off tiny portion of + clamp. It touched the ECM metallic casing. Big spark. She's totally dead. Have to have her towed to dealer. Tow-er has to release shift cable under car so it will roll on. I am just sick over this. QUESTION: how much damage do you think I have??? Storage unit very narrow, so I can't get
    Passenger door open to check to see if any of the fuses saved me. That's why my moniker is PointHope! If damage limited to ECM , I will be very happy! Advise if you have any clue as to my dollar exposure. A$700 bill would make me happy! Regards, bill. ( I used to work on my Chevy Impala no problem. I have been humbled! )

Corvette(s)
    2019 GS Ceramic Grey A8 Conv. & 1969 Camaro SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Keep your fingers crossed. You may be lucky and just blew a fuse or two. Do you have any working lights? If it is the ECM, the lights would still work.
    Last edited by Midnight 99; 04-08-14 at 07:01 AM.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Welcome aboard

First of all it appears you're new with this being your second post so let me Welcome You To Corvette Action Center and there will be a number of people chime in on this I'm sure. But to be honest unless you are looking at this it is going to be very difficult to tell, pure speculation! Let's just hope the fuses did there job in protecting the wiring and etc. Sure hope there is minimal damage and you get that baby on the road. Keep us posted please, all of us have did studpid things that's for sure, it is only human we seem to always recover and learn from them hopefully.
    -Bill

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast