$projecthp
  • New Members: Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    2003 Corvette Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default hello

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight 99 View Post
    Hi, Jim here. I have owned a 69 L46 4 speed Roadster since 2008 and last January, I purchased a fairly low mileage (21,000) 99 Triple Black 6 speed Roadster. I have read posts on the forum and decided it was finally time to register. I hail from Jefferson City, Missouri now. Originally from Port Jervis, New York. I retired from the US Army in 1994 from Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri and the wife and I decided to stay in Missouri. We love to drive our cars. Besides the 99 and 69 Corvettes, my wife owns a 69 Camaro SS 350, 5 speed and we have a 71 Nova, 350 4 speed. None of them are trailer or garage queens. The General built them to drive.

Cool to see another retired MP here.
    Nam Germany Florida Devens NY Germany again Alabama Georgia SC
    BTW Did you ever here the story abut an mP giving his wife a ticket????
    Lol Wurzburg
    some of the stuff I can tell you about that place.

Corvette(s)
    2019 GS Ceramic Grey A8 Conv. & 1969 Camaro SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Yes I did hear the story but it wasn't me!!! When I was in Wurzburg I was the Platoon Sergeant over the customs inspectors and investigators for Schwienfurt, Kitizingen, and Wurzburg and the sub posts in the area. I was on the road a lot especially when company HQ (142nd MP Company) was in Nuremburg. I loved my Army career and after I retired I had a second career as an investigator for the State of Missouri. I retired from that career recently and now I work two days a week for the Missouri Highway Patrol as a Criminal Intelligence Analyst.

Corvette(s)
    C5 2001 convertable
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default new member

Would like to say hello to all and thank you I have been searching the tech forums a lot before joining but now I am a member. Just purchased my first Vette and I am very excited to talk and learn about it. I have been wanting one of these cars since I started playing with matchbox cars when I was like 5 years old and finally able to purchase one it is a dream come true. It is nice to experience my vehicle with so many other Vette Lovers this is going to be fun and hopefully a education for me.

Corvette(s)
    2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Welcome Aboard and Congratulations. . . . . . . . .

Just purchased my first Vette and I am very excited to talk and learn about it.
    Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER and congratulations on the purchase of your C-5 one of the greatest Corvette series every designed and built, some would even argue the very best ever to date. I would say I never seen a Corvette I didn't like just some better than others. At any rate I think you will love it here, the members and staff are second to none that's for sure at

-Bill
    President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."
    "Defend Those That Defended Us"

Corvette(s)
    C5 2001 convertable
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks bill my 2001 vette already has a lot of work done to it when I get papers from shop I will try and post what has been done,then ask for suggestions what I should do next to it,I was thinking of doing the head light conversion but there is nothing wrong with mine at the moment so maybe hold off on that till something goes wrong then do it. Until I get print out of upgrades will wait to do anything, I know it has had a cam and lifter upgrade and exhaust headers all the way back and it sounds good.Also new hood but other then that I don't know why else has been done so until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default You're very welcome. . . . . . .

I was thinking of doing the head light conversion but there is nothing wrong with mine at the moment so maybe hold off on that till something goes wrong then do it.

You're very welcome. I am a stickler for stock and happen to be a big fan of the hidden headlamps myself, mostly stock other than small enhancments and suttle changes maybe, the C-5 has perfect lines as it is in my opinion, but to each their own.

-Bill
    "From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."

Corvette(s)
    C5 2001 convertable
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Yes I was thinking the same thing I love how the lines are when the headlamps are off.So I figure to leave them unless something happens and then thing about it hard and long to what to do.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by gcool View Post
    Yes I was thinking the same thing I love how the lines are when the headlamps are off.So I figure to leave them unless something happens and then thing about it hard and long to what to do.

Good thinking, seen some done with the headlamp mod , not too bad but I'm too much of a stickler for stock to like it real well, just me

-Bill

Corvette(s)
    1993 Corvette Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default New here............

I can't tell you all how many questions have been answered in the past few months by the great folks on this site. Today I decided to join, so your knowledge about Corvettes will be at my fingertips. Learned a few things myself over the past 60 years. Hope I can help some of you, as you have helped me. Thank you all for having me.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Quote Originally Posted by Bitowisdom View Post
    I can't tell you all how many questions have been answered in the past few months by the great folks on this site. Today I decided to join, so your knowledge about Corvettes will be at my fingertips. Learned a few things myself over the past 60 years. Hope I can help some of you, as you have helped me. Thank you all for having me.
    Welcome aboard and we're certainly glad to have you. The members and staff here are second to none. Always ready and willing to help when and where they can. As a rule there is something for everyone that love Corvettes and people who drive them, we're never to young or old to quit learning that's for sure.

-Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by garycrowe View Post
    Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    You're welcome

-Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I am not a current owner but planning a purchase soon. I ran across this site and thought it had a lot of very good information. Thanks,

Corvette(s)
    2019 GS Ceramic Grey A8 Conv. & 1969 Camaro SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Welcome aboard. There are a bunch of very knowledgeable people on here. Pull the trigger and good luck with your purchase. We just bought our third Vette, a 2013 Grand Sport convertible. Traded the 99 convertible.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight 99 View Post
    Welcome aboard. There are a bunch of very knowledgeable people on here. Pull the trigger and good luck with your purchase. We just bought our third Vette, a 2013 Grand Sport convertible. Traded the 99 convertible.

Appears maybe I missed welcoming you to the group, so Welcome Aboard

-Bill

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast