$projecthp
  • New guy with CE LT4
  • New guy with CE LT4
  • New guy with CE LT4
  • New guy with CE LT4

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member billscac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sandy Springs, GA
    Posts
    24
    Corvette(s)
    2016 Shark Grey Z06 Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default New guy with CE LT4

    Hi guys (and Gals),
    Found a 96 CE LT4 convert with Torch Red int and 5800 (yes hundred) miles in New York and jumped on it.. appears to be one of 68 but it also has the F45 so it might be even one of fewer. Flew up from Atlanta and drove it back on the original runflats... talk about being "up on the wheel". Anyway, after changing all the fluids, plugs, tires, weather stripping, cleaning and/or painting most of the front suspension and frame pieces and dealing with the dreaded "lazy" center AC vent (programmer repair) I can say that I really love this car. BTW I was quoted between $600 and $1400 to repair/replace the AC programmer but did it myself for less than $5.00 worth of vacumn hose and would be more than willing to share my experience with anyone in or near Atlanta.
    I found this lift QuickJack™ - Ranger Quick Jack - Race Car Pit Lift - Motorsports Race Jack Stands - Portable Car Lift - Garage Lift - Ranger in HotRod mag and was wondering if anyone has any real life experience with it. Looks like it will handle the C4s 3300 or so pounds but before I pull the trigger thought I'd ask around. I'll post this in General Discussuion as well.
    Thanks in advance
    Bill

  2. #2
    Member 96gs917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    117
    Corvette(s)
    1996 Grand Sport 917, 1996 Polo Green LT4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Welcome aboard Bill,

    Seems like you found a great car from my neck of the woods. Post some pictures when you get a chance, we would love to see the car. You will find the C4 LT4
    will not disappoint you when it comes to performance and handling. Just a fun car to drive.

    As far as the lift goes, I think it all depends on what you want to do with it. I have a 4 post lift in my garage so I can stack the corvettes one on top of the other. I can also
    keep the undercarriage of the cars clean as well as perform some minor mechanical work on my own. My wife told me I could buy the Grand Sport but she would not give up her side of the garage...the solution...a 4 post lift so I could get 3 cars in a 2 car garage. A win-win in my book. If you have plenty of garage space and only need the lift to get under the car, the quick
    jack looks like it will work for you.

    Good luck with the car, and if you need any help or advice, this is a great resource for you.

    Frank

  3. #3
    Member Wegone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Atlanta GA.
    Posts
    516
    Corvette(s)
    82,91 ZR-1,
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Congrats, From a fellow Ga guy.
    Steve

    1991 ZR-1 # 118 Quasar/Black SW Headers/Corsa-3:73 gears-Haibeck-500HP/350

  4. #4
    Member Huskerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Heartlands of Nebraska
    Posts
    916
    Corvette(s)
    2010 Grand Sport Coupe Z16 Blade Silver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Congrats on your car find and welcome to the party.......

  5. #5
    Member billscac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sandy Springs, GA
    Posts
    24
    Corvette(s)
    2016 Shark Grey Z06 Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default "Your neck of the woods"

    Quote Originally Posted by 96gs917 View Post
    Welcome aboard Bill,

    Seems like you found a great car from my neck of the woods. Post some pictures when you get a chance, we would love to see the car. You will find the C4 LT4
    will not disappoint you when it comes to performance and handling. Just a fun car to drive.

    As far as the lift goes, I think it all depends on what you want to do with it. I have a 4 post lift in my garage so I can stack the corvettes one on top of the other. I can also
    keep the undercarriage of the cars clean as well as perform some minor mechanical work on my own. My wife told me I could buy the Grand Sport but she would not give up her side of the garage...the solution...a 4 post lift so I could get 3 cars in a 2 car garage. A win-win in my book. If you have plenty of garage space and only need the lift to get under the car, the quick
    jack looks like it will work for you.

    Good luck with the car, and if you need any help or advice, this is a great resource for you.

    Frank
    Frank, thanks for the welcome... mine actually came out of Baldwin. Unfortunately I dont have enough space for a "real" lift so the Quickjack looks like the best alternative. BTW I lived in Westbury in the 50's and 60's and have fond memories of Saturday nights at Sunrise Hwy stop lights with my 63 C2 fulie coupe. I couldn't believe the current condition of that road when I drove back. The sheer numbers of huge pot holes, busted pavement, and shifted steel plates were horrendous. I saw more of them in the 30 or so miles from Baldwin to the Verrazano ($15.00 toll???) then I've seen here in Atlanta since I moved here in "73. It must be almost impossible to keep your cars from literally falling apart. Things sure have changed up there.......

  6. #6
    Member 96gs917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    117
    Corvette(s)
    1996 Grand Sport 917, 1996 Polo Green LT4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billscac View Post
    Frank, thanks for the welcome... mine actually came out of Baldwin. Unfortunately I dont have enough space for a "real" lift so the Quickjack looks like the best alternative. BTW I lived in Westbury in the 50's and 60's and have fond memories of Saturday nights at Sunrise Hwy stop lights with my 63 C2 fulie coupe. I couldn't believe the current condition of that road when I drove back. The sheer numbers of huge pot holes, busted pavement, and shifted steel plates were horrendous. I saw more of them in the 30 or so miles from Baldwin to the Verrazano ($15.00 toll???) then I've seen here in Atlanta since I moved here in "73. It must be almost impossible to keep your cars from literally falling apart. Things sure have changed up there.......
    Bill,

    I am about 1/2 hour east in Smithtown, on the north shore. I have lived on Long Island my entire life, and yup, the roads are bad especially on the south shore after hurricane Sandy last year. South shore of Long Island
    got hit pretty bad, and most towns are still fixing things. You wouldn't believe how good you get at spotting, and dodging potholes up here. Especially in the winter.

  7. #7
    New guy with CE LT4 6 Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Missoura Ozarks
    Posts
    8,596
    Corvette(s)
    Carbon Flash CE 4LT GS Roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Flag Congrats on your CE/LT4, they're great Vette's!





  8. #8
    Moderator bill81vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Troy,NY
    Posts
    4,170
    Corvette(s)
    1981 dark blue metallic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    1

    Default

    Welcome to CAC!!!!
    enjoy!!!!
    Bill and Gail...save the wave
    NCRS member 42415
    1981 St.Louis car #2735
    all matching numbers

    born Sept 18,1980
    Cruisefest 2008
    Cruisefestous 2009
    Cruisefest 2010
    Cruisefest 2011
    Cruisefest2012



    Without Trucks......
    You would be Hungry,Homeless and Naked!!!!!!



  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Perry, GA
    Posts
    4
    Corvette(s)
    78 Silver Anniv, 91 Targa, 01 Convert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    0

    Default Nice find

    Sounds like a winner. I bought a four post lift by DANNMAR (7000X) and am very pleased with it. I got the drip trays for under the engine, trans, & diff so you can stack the cars. It has the standard locking mech and a second set of locks that are held back by the lift cables in case one comes off the pulley or breaks. It came with Casters so you can move it around the shop (if it has a car on it more bodies are required to shove it).

    20140812_081713-1-jpg

    Yes it looks like there are wires hanging out of the brake vent/duct ports.

    Brian (Perry, GA)

    Quote Originally Posted by billscac View Post
    Hi guys (and Gals),
    Found a 96 CE LT4 convert with Torch Red int and 5800 (yes hundred) miles in New York and jumped on it.. appears to be one of 68 but it also has the F45 so it might be even one of fewer. Flew up from Atlanta and drove it back on the original runflats... talk about being "up on the wheel". Anyway, after changing all the fluids, plugs, tires, weather stripping, cleaning and/or painting most of the front suspension and frame pieces and dealing with the dreaded "lazy" center AC vent (programmer repair) I can say that I really love this car. BTW I was quoted between $600 and $1400 to repair/replace the AC programmer but did it myself for less than $5.00 worth of vacumn hose and would be more than willing to share my experience with anyone in or near Atlanta.
    I found this lift QuickJack™ - Ranger Quick Jack - Race Car Pit Lift - Motorsports Race Jack Stands - Portable Car Lift - Garage Lift - Ranger in HotRod mag and was wondering if anyone has any real life experience with it. Looks like it will handle the C4s 3300 or so pounds but before I pull the trigger thought I'd ask around. I'll post this in General Discussuion as well.
    Thanks in advance
    Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140812_094526-1-jpg  
    Last edited by VTXValkyrie_dvr; 09-03-14 at 09:15 PM. Reason: remove sideways picture

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •