$projecthp
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Corvette(s)
    84 Crossfire 96 LT4 Torch Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

:G L t4 collectbility

I drive it almost everyday aim only here in summertime car is stored for winter Sept . to April. Mostly to cruise night or shows. In 3years i put on2,500 miles. I love the power and if you check out the tachs in all vette's they go to 8,000, I THINK the L T 4 is the ONLY one that goes higher than them all with a high red line.
    Last edited by wingnut96lt4; 11-20-14 at 11:11 PM. Reason: spellin

Corvette(s)
    1996 CE LT-4 6 spd; 1972 BB, T Top "Boomer"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default CE LT4's

Quote Originally Posted by John Mekisich View Post
    It will definately be interesting to see how the market develops for these cars going forward. I bought my CE in 02 paying $18k with 45k miles and only put an additional 4k since. Arctic white over saddle, two option car, those being the LT4 and Bose CD. My thought was to keep the mileage low and wait for the car to appreciate which of course has not yet happened. Car is garaged and always covered. Great driver, I am considering forgetting about any possible appreciation and enjoy driving the car on a more frequent basis. What would you do?
    Hey John...Life is too short, Enjoy the car. I bought a 96 CE LT4 loaded with a bunch of options a year ago with 27K miles for $17k. Its my everyday car April thru Nov. One observation on yours, I thought '96 CE only came in Sebring Silver paint, and Black, Red, or Gray Interiors. Was yours repainted and interior switched out?

ken

Corvette(s)
    1996 LT4 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default LT4 Collectibility

Quote Originally Posted by windrider50 View Post
    Hey John...Life is too short, Enjoy the car. I bought a 96 CE LT4 loaded with a bunch of options a year ago with 27K miles for $17k. Its my everyday car April thru Nov. One observation on yours, I thought '96 CE only came in Sebring Silver paint, and Black, Red, or Gray Interiors. Was yours repainted and interior switched out?

ken
    Hey Ken,

Typo on my part, have a coupe NOT a CE. Great buy on your car btw.................

John

Corvette(s)
    71 brands hatch green coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default One owner competition yellow LT4 coupe 15K miles

Hi, I've found a one owner full load 96 Competition Yellow LT4 Coupe with 15K miles. Been in storage and unmolested with a nice assortment of documentation, both keys and fobs. I'm wondering if anyone would know what a fair price would be for this car. I'm dealing with the original owner. Any help would be appreciated.

Corvette(s)
    1996 LT4 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default LT 4 Collectibility

Quote Originally Posted by toolman71vette View Post
    Hi, I've found a one owner full load 96 Competition Yellow LT4 Coupe with 15K miles. Been in storage and unmolested with a nice assortment of documentation, both keys and fobs. I'm wondering if anyone would know what a fair price would be for this car. I'm dealing with the original owner. Any help would be appreciated.
    Good question, the car is somewhat rare as only 488 cars were Competition Yellow in 1996. Total production after adjusting for GS (1000) and CE (5412) is 15124 so that color is just over 3% of production. Given the mileage one would assume the car is pristine? Has it led a garaged life and are the maintenance records in order? Are you considering it as a keeper or for resale? Last question, why is the original owner looking to get out of it and what is their asking price?

Corvette(s)
    84 Crossfire 96 LT4 Torch Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thumbs up Yellow L T 4

Just my $ .02 I would say $ 18,000 $20,000 Sounds like a like a keeper. I would anyway. They will come back. I was offered $18,000 and $ 20,000 for mine. Torch Red Blue glass and solid red. I did minor mods. I did not have a for sale sign on it.If he wants less take it.

Corvette(s)
    71 brands hatch green coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 96 competition yellow LT4 15K miles

Quote Originally Posted by John Mekisich View Post
    Good question, the car is somewhat rare as only 488 cars were Competition Yellow in 1996. Total production after adjusting for GS (1000) and CE (5412) is 15124 so that color is just over 3% of production. Given the mileage one would assume the car is pristine? Has it led a garaged life and are the maintenance records in order? Are you considering it as a keeper or for resale? Last question, why is the original owner looking to get out of it and what is their asking price?
    Seller is asking 24.5K. My gut feeling is all the money is 20K. I haven't seen the car yet. Only wants me to come over when the weather is clear, which here in Oregon could be awhile. It's lived a garaged life but I don't know how good that garage is yet.

Corvette(s)
    1996 LT4 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default LT4 Collectibility

Quote Originally Posted by toolman71vette View Post
    Seller is asking 24.5K. My gut feeling is all the money is 20K. I haven't seen the car yet. Only wants me to come over when the weather is clear, which here in Oregon could be awhile. It's lived a garaged life but I don't know how good that garage is yet.
    I understand what you mean regarding the weather as I have family in Salem. Judging by your user name are you a tool dealer? I agree it makes sense to draw a line in the sand at $20k for a pristine car. Can't imagine there are many LT4 cars with 15k miles around however given the current market $20k is certainly fair $ for the car. The most recent value guide I looked at still had 96's depreciating, at least in Oregon you have no sale tax and reasonable registration costs. Here in the SF Bay Area, sales tax alone would add 9.25%. It will be very interesting to see where the future value of LT4 cars goes. After seeing the car assuming I was willing to pay $20k I would offer the owner $17.5K and see how he/she reacts. That amount is close to 30% below the asking price so it should result in an interesting response! Ultimately there is no way to know if someone would pay full asking price.........................

Corvette(s)
    lol...(ie: 1987 Bright Red Coupe)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Howdy CAC members. Well I did it again and on wed morning saw a nice 96 6 speed with relatively low miles, 57,000, and I pulled the trigger and bought that sucker. I am amazed at just how torquey and fun this LT4 is and, how easy the 6 speed shifts and keeps it in the broad power range.

I haven't been researching enough to know what's up with the LT4 compared to the LS1. I thought the 96's had the latter in them. I was originally trying to get a C-5 6 speeder with, hopefully a dark color combo. Luckily, this C4 had the manual but it is red and I'm an introvert who only bought this thing to drive the heck out of w/out being seen doing it.

Reading this thread got me jazzed up and wanting to go out and feel the abundant quick revs. Thanks for all the info.

Corvette(s)
    1995 Red ZR-1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ameribrit View Post
    Before I purchased the CE/LT4 I was in the market for a ZR1. The ZR1 engine is fantastic and all, but the car really does not outperform the LT4 coupe and the LT4 engine may be more forgiving down the road, as it was not put together by GM (Mercury Marine). I have heard the engine is pretty much trouble free and built very well. Anyhow, I decided that the LT4 was a better deal and would have lower long term carrying costs, while being just as exclusive. The ZR1 does have a cooler interior and has the panache, but I didn't want to fight for parts on the engine down the road. Either one is really a good deal now.

Don't know if you're still around, Ameribrit, but somehow got to cruisin thru some old threads & came upon this one.
    I have a '96 red/tan LT4 vert, F45, with 17k mi & it's an awesome car. Get tons of looks at shows & love the performance. Verrry fast, all stock. But I saw the comments about the ZR-1 as well & thot I'd throw in my 2 cents. I also have a '95 red/red ZR-1, 23k mi, totally original, no mods. Nite & day from the '96 LT4 & people go nuts when they see it, most will never see one in their lifetime, they've only heard about them. Agree that the LT4 is as fast & maybe faster on low end, but that LT5 will pull away at 150+. They don't come alive til 4,000rpm. An NCRS judge told me they're capable of 10,000rpm with the rev limiter removed. The engine really is a marvel & yes, you can't take it to the local garage for a lot of things. Hagerty has rated the '95 ZR-1 & '96 LT4 vert as among their top picks for appreciating Vettes.

And on another note, I recently sold my '96 CE LT4 coupe with 33k mi after having it advertised for nearly a year - got $17k. I only had 2-3 people come out to see it in all that time & it was a local show award winner multiple times. Then one day a guy comes out, doesn't even drive it & buys it on the spot - go figure.

I love those later year C4s, I think they're the most underrated of all the Vettes & still very cheap. Good luck with yours!
    Likes KANE, bjorn liked this post

Corvette(s)
    1996 stickshift
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Recently bought a triple black LT4 coupe with 105k mi. for $2750. Has issues but for a car to beat the snot out of I am happy. Values are in the toilet and great for us drivers!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456