$projecthp
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    1996 Grand Sport Blue&White, 2008ZO6 JSBlue
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default LT4 Collectibility

I have a1996 Grand Sport w/55000mi it has taken a few prizes and always complimentedimageuploadedbytapatalk1362019736-801472-jpg

Corvette(s)
    1996 C4, LT-4 Polo Green
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Sorry for awakening such an old thread. The GS is without a doubt a collectable car and as such more iconic. The CE though, because of limited LT-4 installations, should be more collectable albeit less iconic. A regular Vette is even that much less iconic and as far as drawing the collectors and money the icons have it in spades.

Unless we drive to the point there are no more normal vettes with LT-4's left to be had then they will not fetch that top dollar. Now to the nother end of the coin! This makes for purchasing one of these awesome cars feasible for us commoners. I can enjoy that feeling of actually driving it without the looming fog of guilt around my head.

I was looking at one of those garage queens but could not justify having it. In the end it was a question of taking that responsibility, I couldn't be the one to leave it in untouched condition for others to admire. I wanted a driver to enjoy. Too that end I applaud those garage queens as now in another 30 years or so there will be a physical remembrance of both current and past memories for me to enjoy at my local car show.

Corvette(s)
    1996 collectors edition convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default lt4 Collectibility

I have a CE LT4 convertible with 11,000 miles on it. I agree with all of the comments here. For me except for the paint and white stripe and the rear bolt on fenders and wheels/tires the cars are the same. I think the GS will always bring more money then the CE but I love the sebring silver body over the blue striped black painted zr-1 wheels. Just my taste. I do believe the values of the CE and GS LT4's will increase in the near future if they maintain low millage.

Corvette(s)
    1996 Coupe LT4 Competition Yellow
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default LT4 Collectibility

Mine is a bone stock 96 Competition yellow LT4, I recently donated it to a Chevy dealer for a long weekend to do a public unveiling of the '14 C7. The dealer wanted to have one of each generation with the C7 inthe center.
    It was real neat to have my Vette there and maybe its first time on the showroom floor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eltee4-mcdermotts-101013-jpg  
    Last edited by eltee4; 11-07-13 at 11:47 AM.
    eltee4

Corvette(s)
    Carbon Flash CE 4LT GS Roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thumbs up Very cool...

Corvette(s)
    1996 LT4 CE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by eltee4 View Post
    Mine is a bone stock 96 Competition yellow LT4, I recently donated it to a Chevy dealer for a long weekend to do a public unveiling of the '14 C7. The dealer wanted to have on eof each generation with the C& inthe center.
    It was real neat to have my Vette there and maybe its first time on the showroom floor.

Very cool, indeed! C4's were well represented by your beautiful LT4!

Corvette(s)
    1996 Coupe LT4 Competition Yellow
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thank you , it was a real nice roll out by the dealer
    eltee4

Corvette(s)
    1996 LT4 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default LT 4 Collectibility

Quote Originally Posted by eltee4 View Post
    Thank you , it was a real nice roll out by the dealer
    I own a 96 CE with the only option being the LT-4 motor. Arctic white over light beige saddle. It has a Bose cd installed that is not on the build sheet so it must have been dealer added? Third owner, not a daily driver for any of us, car presently has 48k miles. I bought it back in 2002 primarily for the cars outstanding performance and bare bones options along with thinking it might be a future collectible. Jury is still out on the collectible issue, it will be interesting to see how the C4 series and LT-4 cars in general do value wise in the future. One point to consider is that a lot of what drives C1-C3 values is the nostalgia effect plus many buying those cars owned them when they were younger. I don't anticipate the C4 or later series following in those footsteps. I would be interested in hearing others opinions regarding future collectibility of our LT-4 cars.

Corvette(s)
    1996 LT4, Coupe, Arctic White
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Help Just Waking Up and Old Thread

I was just looking up local LT4 cars and came across a Red roadster where the seller was touting it's rareness based on LT4 in combination with all black interior and suggesting as 1 of 75. Kind of hard to believe. Anyway I starting thinking about my unit as I have never seen another like it. I have a 96, Arctic White, LT4 and interior 70I. I have seen the spec sheets that show 703 Red, 704 Red CE, 705 Red Black GS but no 70I as it shows on my build sheet. Window sticker says Torch Red. Actual is visible in my profile pictures as Black upper trim and all lowers Torch Red. Am I crazy? Can anybody define 70I?

God bless the fallen, and honour our troops this day and always.

Cheers,
    If it's worth doing, then it's worth doing right

Corvette(s)
    96 Collectors Edition LT4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

You are absolutely correct.

Torch Red interior (as you have in your Vette) in a 1996 Vette which was not a Collector Edition or Grand Sport has a RPO code of 703.

Looking at your pictures, you definitely have a Torch Red interior. Your color scheme is how Corvette used the two colors (Torch Red & Black) in a Torch Red interior.

I am not familiar with the RPO code you have for your Vette.

I have access to a database which details how many cars were built with particular options. This database works with VINs. Works with most manufacturers.

Last edited by LT4man; 11-11-14 at 08:31 PM.
    An attendee at all the CruiseFests including the one which never happened.

Autosig (Shadow) A

Corvette(s)
    1996 LT4 CE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Binkybubba View Post
    I was just looking up local LT4 cars and came across a Red roadster where the seller was touting it's rareness based on LT4 in combination with all black interior and suggesting as 1 of 75. Kind of hard to believe. Anyway I starting thinking about my unit as I have never seen another like it. I have a 96, Arctic White, LT4 and interior 70I. I have seen the spec sheets that show 703 Red, 704 Red CE, 705 Red Black GS but no 70I as it shows on my build sheet. Window sticker says Torch Red. Actual is visible in my profile pictures as Black upper trim and all lowers Torch Red. Am I crazy? Can anybody define 70I?

God bless the fallen, and honour our troops this day and always.

Cheers,
    I found that code referenced here, fwiw:

C4 RPO codes

and also here:

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...4-rpo-faq.html

one other place:

http://www.grandsportregistry.com/96_specs.htm

Maybe on the '96, it's a carryover from the Grand Sport?
    Last edited by LT4CE; 11-12-14 at 03:58 PM. Reason: update info

Corvette(s)
    84 Crossfire 96 LT4 Torch Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thumbs up Holding its value

My L T 4 is a great car. I have had it for three years bought it for $10,000 took it to a show two weeks later and was offered $18,000 another show two weeks after I turned down $20,000. I will just keep it as long as I can . The engine winds up so nice I love to hear it. As far as the 330hp a lot of people say it is a lie. They tested 150 L T 4s off the assembly line and had anywhere between 345 and 380hp. So they are out there AND the L T 4 gives the ZR1 a very close race. I have had two C4s my first I had for 9 years an 84 Crossfire, and had a good time with it. C 4s to me are the best style corvettes, MY 2 cents

Corvette(s)
    1996 LT4 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default LT 4 Collectibility

It will definately be interesting to see how the market develops for these cars going forward. I bought my CE in 02 paying $18k with 45k miles and only put an additional 4k since. Arctic white over saddle, two option car, those being the LT4 and Bose CD. My thought was to keep the mileage low and wait for the car to appreciate which of course has not yet happened. Car is garaged and always covered. Great driver, I am considering forgetting about any possible appreciation and enjoy driving the car on a more frequent basis. What would you do?

Corvette(s)
    Carbon Flash CE 4LT GS Roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Flag John - Drive it like ya stole it...

Corvette(s)
    Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by John Mekisich
    Great driver, I am considering forgetting about any possible appreciation and enjoy driving the car on a more frequent basis. What would you do?

I'd just enjoy it.

Not much sense in keeping something nice for someone else that you never had the chance to enjoy... You only get one trip through the turnstyle!
    1982 Dark Blue Corvette
    Crossfire Injection | .496"/.495" Cam | AFR Eliminator Heads | EBL | 3.73
    0-60mph in four and a half seconds

1995 Trans Am
    1 of 1 Trans Am | 100% documented | RPOs 48U, MN6, and GU6
    1982 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 2k RPM Stall Converter + Updgraded Transmission + Governor Set For 5,450rpm Shifts 3.73 Code 42 Dark Mettalic Blue with a twist

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast