Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Corvette(s)
    1981 Victory Red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Results

Any feedback on the e4me carbs on modded engines?

Barry

Corvette(s)
    '81 dark blue
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I have built a few of these carbs for forum members but it seems, most, including the first one I started the thread about, were sold to people with "project" cars that never happened.

This has been a bit frustrating for me because I wanted people to use the carb and report on it publicly. Also, I always explain to people that I put every carb I build on my own car and test drive it before I ship it to them. That means the carb should be installed and used fairly soon, not stored for a few years, while the residual fuel in it turns to varnish.

81Batmobile has used his and commented on it. I did build a couple for forum members recently, one of which was for GerryLP, and I know his car is roadworthy, he just has not had a chance to install the carb yet. hopefully we will hear from him soon.

God bless, Sensei

P.S. I am not accepting any new carb work right now, but I would be happy to advise anyone looking to do the work themselves.

Those with Modified Engines and Original Carb GerryLP's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    1981 HD Suspension; ZN1 Option
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

What a coincidence!

Just today I was swapping the carb on Gail with one I had Sensei modify for me. And all I can say is WOW!

The only adjustment I made was the idle, for I have a XE-268H in her motor, and prefers 600 RPM in drive over the stock 500 RPM.

Clumsy me, I leaned on the EGR Bleed Solenoid, and cracked the plastic manifold onto which the EGR hoses hook. So I had to glue it.

But then later, I took Gail for a spin, and one unexpected improvement over my Vette stock carb was the ease with which I press the pedal. It almost feels like a new car in that respect.

Another thing I noticed is that she has more pep -she spun past 3K RPM like nobody business, and the seat of the pants feel was much improved.

On my lap around town, I placed the transmission in 1st gear, and about 3,800 RPM's I noticed she didn't want to switch gears when I placed the stick on 2nd, But I dis not re-adjusted the TV cable travel thinking that it would be the same (this replacement carb is an L81 carb. In automatic, the tranny functions fine.

So tomorrow I will adjust and go for a 4th of July ride. I should be able to report back soon.

Chris, thanks for the gasket. It save me time away from the auto parts store.

GerryLP
    GerryLP

Corvette(s)
    2008 Crystal Red Tint Coat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

most of the time all these carbs need is different secondary rods to richen up WOT. that is the change that GM made between Q jets for SBC vs BBC
    retired race engine builder,former NASCAR tech inspector,corvette owner since 1959, new corvettes owned,59,62,63,64,65,66,97,99,02,05, 2008 is in my garage, 2008 sold and waiting for my C-7

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234