Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

The black one is for your idle stop solenoid. The solenoid pushes on the throttle just a bit to compensate with added idle speed whenever the air conditioning is cycling on and off (otherwise, whenever the compressor kicked-in, the idle rpm would drop to an almost stalling speed, such as conditions found in city stop-and-go traffic with the A-C on).

The green one is your choke. If you place a voltmeter connected to it (red on the green cable and black on ground), it should read 12 volts with the ignition switch in "on".
    GerryLP

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Do you know where most tap the 12V supply for the heated O2 sensor? I have an OE sensor but I am taking it back to get a heated one.
    Thanks
    Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I would say the left (green black) wire is your choke wire. As Gerry says, it commes from the left fender, by the generator, with all the vacuum tubes over your left cilinderhead, in front of the carb and it connects then to the choke. If correct (at least the connector I have) slides on the choke, does nog lock and it slides on it on the right side so to say

Right wire is strange to me, looks some what like the wire for you CCC (dwell meter connector).
    I hope it helps.

Groeten Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Moser28 View Post
    Do you know where most tap the 12V supply for the heated O2 sensor? I have an OE sensor but I am taking it back to get a heated one.
    Thanks
    Todd
    Todd,

The "BAT" terminal wire on the distributor cap is normally a switched point. The wire that connects at that location is Tan colored EDIT:I LOOKED AT THE WIRING DIAGRAM. iT IS SUPPOSED TO BE PINK, BUT THE WIRE ON MY CAR IS FADED, and you can always verify this by connecting a multimeter in the volts scale and turning the ignition key to the "on" position. I remember that I used that same spot sometime ago when I had the MSD box connected to the ignition system.
    GerryLP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12